Anyone want a trx450r rear shock???

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedirt5724

Mar 2, 2009
westmoreland, ny
Bought it cause i was told it was a 400ex, and its not. I drilled out the bottom hole for a blaster pin. Its like bran new. You can make these fit a blaster with some mods, its just not what i wanted. So i need to get rid of it, So shoot me some offers if interested.

not meaning to change ur topic but im am almost 99.9% sure that AWK08 on here has a trx450 rear....so if yall are interested in the modds to do to this shock, ask AWK08

good eye '01, i do have the same shock, the top mount is the same a an ex, washers and bushings, just like the diy on here says, but, the resivour on the 450r is bigger and offset to the kicker side, so i had to cut the front mounting tab for the rear plastics off, and also the air snorkel and the little rectangular piece that it mounts to on the airbox lid, but i've heard of guys actually cutting into the airbox for the ex to fit???, i didnt have to do that, it rubs a little but i keep it greased to stop it from squeaking
now i've never had an ex, but i highly doubt that honda made the ex a better shock than the 450r, as for my opinion, get the 450r, it takes the same amount of effort to mount it, and this thing rides like a cadillac, i love it, best $62 i've spent on this bike, and i also have "works" fronts now too, and it's a perfect match to them, i'm taking whoops and really rough football sized rock runs and it seems the faster i go, the less i feel them, and it hasnt try'd to come around or buck at all, they seem to be very equally balanced
go for the 450r shock, you will not be sorry

Bought it cause i was told it was a 400ex, and its not. I drilled out the bottom hole for a blaster pin. Its like bran new. You can make these fit a blaster with some mods, its just not what i wanted. So i need to get rid of it, So shoot me some offers if interested.

sh*t bro, i feel bad. I could have swore that was a 400ex shock.

heres a pic of how mine mounted, ive since cut the snorkel tube off the lid, due to rubbing
cutting.jpg

How about putting it in the for sale section.$10 gets you a paid subscription.Well worth the money.IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.