Anybody know a thing or 2 about suzuki samurais?

blasterdubai

Dec 2, 2010
I got myself a samurai and was thinking of putting a turbo charger and sruff anyone have any experience with the 1.3 litre japanese beast?

if you are wanting more power, people drop in a turbo desiel. known swap for them. i cant remember what engine it is, just that it is a turbo desiel.

no, but my buddy had one that someone stuffed a 2.8L s10 motor into, with a lift and some 33's, it was beast, and refused to get stuck in even the deepest mudholes, it would just lift straight up and out of them

those things are like tanks man, also heard of the turbo diesel swap but dont waste the money on the turbo for that motor in it...

yep, im on jeep forums and there are a couple guys with the samis, put an s10 motor in it to give it some more power, put a medium sized lift and like a 31-33 inch tire and you will have a little 4 wheeling tank

but if you were to try to put a lift and tire on the stock motors you better re-gear the axle or you going to have a already slow vehical be an absolute SLUG

yeah there def slow. it was all the one my dad had to get up to 50 on he interstate w/ regular tires on it. then he put 30's on it...horrible...looked good tho...

Hmm... a turbo diesel swap sounds interesting, but i just checked with one of the garages around here, and they claim they can fit a supra 1j engine in it or a vitara turbo engine. So ill have to check with those guys... they told me that it'll cost around 2000$ for a supra engine switch which sounds good to me, but i might not be able to register the car, anyway keep the comments coming!!! i want more ideas!
THanks

Hmm... a turbo diesel swap sounds interesting, but i just checked with one of the garages around here, and they claim they can fit a supra 1j engine in it or a vitara turbo engine. So ill have to check with those guys... they told me that it'll cost around 2000$ for a supra engine switch which sounds good to me, but i might not be able to register the car, anyway keep the comments coming!!! i want more ideas!
THanks

why would you want a supra engine in a off road vehicle? let me answer for you, you don't. and the 1jz is junk, only the 2jz is good.

read this
Suzuki Samurai Turbo Diesel conversion kit for Suzuki Samurai

I have a '89, 75,000 original miles, 1.3 litre, 31's, low range transfer gears, CRV seats, F&R winches, on board air, HD stereo.

We use it in the dunes to carry lunch, beverages and to pull the "unsuspecting" out of holes they fall into.

I built the cage, crawler doors, rear bumper, spare tire carrier and modified the Warn front bumper.

A great transplant is to put in a early 90's Sidekick 16v 1600cc motor. 1.3 has 80hp, 1.6 has 138hp. check out Welcome to the Trail Tough Products

If you want to do a diesel swap, check out acme adapters on the web. ACME ADAPTERS Suzuki Samurai Turbo Diesel

DSC03994.JPG

DSC04003.JPG

DSC04004.JPG

DSC04001.JPG

Last edited:
the 2jz engine is better. and the supra engine is like a 2-stroke, make no power before like 4500rpm. they are a hi revving motor. they are not a motor made to be lugged around. they are made to be screamers.