any one know where this how to is?

Nov 7, 2008
I need a howto guide for installing a yz250 engine into my blaster. My motor blowed and im not sure what all i have to do. So far i know have to shave some of the swing arm an dthen i have to fab up motor mounts but here are my questions.

1. What size sprocket and chain do i need.

2. do i have to use the yz250 coil, or the blaster coil.

3. is it possible to get the lights to work.

4. What exhaust will work. I have a blaster fmf header and silencer.

5. How does the aire filter work on a 250 is it just bolted to the carb or do you hack the stock box to make it line up w/the 250 carb

If no one has made a how to I will make one while i install this but i need the information above to complete the install.

I havent personaly seen this done but i would imagine you would need the coil from the yz, and modify the exhaust from it to, different engines cant use the same exhaust, the light can work off it, but getting the wiring harness right will be a little work, the chain should be close to the same size and as for the sprocket i have no idea, trial and error, maybe a 13-15 tooth, i run a 14 on my blaster, idk the gearing ratios of the yz engine

definately have to use the yz250 pipe, but might have to modify it to fit the blaster frame. i'd just run the stock front sprocket on the motor, till you find out if you need more acceleration, cuase i'm pretty sure the yz rear sprocket is bigger than the blaster, but with 50 hp stock i don't think it's gonna matter. fort the air filter you could just run a cone filter, or maybe try getting an airbox to carb boot from a yz250.

i was going to do the swap into my blaster .. it was a 1987 yz250 fully rebuilt .. i droped the motor in to see what need to be done and the back lined up with little mods .. and i just needed to make new front mount .. yea you will need to use a yz250 pipe, cdi, and a uni clamp on filter should be fine as long as you stay out of the mud/water, i had a whole bike that ran but i just lost interest in the swap so i traded the bike off .. oh yea it did vibrate pretty good but i think its not enouh to crack and frame and what not ..

definately have to use the yz250 pipe, but might have to modify it to fit the blaster frame. i'd just run the stock front sprocket on the motor, till you find out if you need more acceleration, cuase i'm pretty sure the yz rear sprocket is bigger than the blaster, but with 50 hp stock i don't think it's gonna matter. fort the air filter you could just run a cone filter, or maybe try getting an airbox to carb boot from a yz250.
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/attachment.php?attachmentid=2733&stc=1
i know you cant read this worth sh*t cause of the quality, but trust me, very few 250 2 strokes make 50 hp stock.
they can make about 45.
but they can be tuned for alot more

I need a howto guide for installing a yz250 engine into my blaster. My motor blowed and im not sure what all i have to do. So far i know have to shave some of the swing arm an dthen i have to fab up motor mounts but here are my questions.

1. What size sprocket and chain do i need.

2. do i have to use the yz250 coil, or the blaster coil.

3. is it possible to get the lights to work.

4. What exhaust will work. I have a blaster fmf header and silencer.

5. How does the aire filter work on a 250 is it just bolted to the carb or do you hack the stock box to make it line up w/the 250 carb

If no one has made a how to I will make one while i install this but i need the information above to complete the install.

I am actualy doing this Mod right now.But i am using the yz490 motor.we will actualy be done with the project by tonight.Woke up early now to get started on it.First things first.The motor Mounts You need to burn the Old ones off and Put the yz motor in and line up new Motor mounts and Weld them in place.

1.You will use the yz front sprocket and use the blaster Rear sprocket get a chain with links then just take out the links till it fits on the sprockets

2.You will use the yz Wire harness (Coil,Spark plug,everything electrical) before you gotta remember it isnt a blaster no more its the yz motor.So all new parts you will Unless body will be for the yz.

3.Yes as stated before as long as you use the yz wire harness you will have lights.

4.The blaster pipes will not fit on the exhaust manifold for the yz motor.we had to modify a yz pipe to fit and cut a half inch off the back of the case where the swingarm bolt slides through a blaster pipe wouldnt fit

5.As far as Stock airbox We got the Stock Airbox to bolt right up.to the yz carb

By doing this swap your blaster it will shack ALOT!.Yz engines don’t have a balance shaft so they vibrate...ALOT!!...the Main part of this whole project was the motor mounts.one that is done and its bolted in place its all pretty much simple after that point.Just running wires and such.I hope this helped.Anymore questions Just ask

i wanna see pis and videos of all these!!
blaster20hood200031.jpg

hood200022.jpg

rightsideview-12.jpg

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...r-project.html