any computer people?

89blaster89

Aug 26, 2011
Pacific northwest, washington
im trying to get my other computer to work, the computer turns on but the moniter doesent get signal from the computer and the wirless adapter wont even turn on anymore??? anyone know what could be wrong. its a older hp, the moniter is not even a year old yet

it could be either of those, but what do u mean by "wireless adapter wont turn on"?

my mom fixes computers so i have a general idea of how to fix most things

I build my own pc for gaming and entertainment on my big screen.You would half to give a little more info on your upgrades and prior use and anything changed or did it just start not responding.Do you have another monitor or can you plug that monitor into another pc.Trouble shooting a computor is really hands on there are a lot of variables.But first varify the hardware is working.

im trying to get my other computer to work, the computer turns on but the moniter doesent get signal from the computer and the wirless adapter wont even turn on anymore??? anyone know what could be wrong. its a older hp, the moniter is not even a year old yet
There are way too many variables here. You will need to troubleshoot starting with trying a different monitor and cord. Is it beeping when you turn it on? Could be almost anything from bad memory to a burnt CPU to a bad monitor or video card.

like everyone said its all hands on, but most common cases ive found, was the video card wouldnt support a newer monitor on an older system. could be your cords are screwed up though.

I do freelance computer work around town and this time of year kills cpu's and video cards. I actually just had to replace a customer video card that had overheated. Dust/heat kills computer components.

I do freelance computer work around town and this time of year kills cpu's and video cards. I actually just had to replace a customer video card that had overheated. Dust/heat kills computer components.

hmm well my pc is right next to my heater lol, well everything worked ine then all the sudden i turn the computer on and the moniter wont get signal from the computer anymore and the wirless adapter to get internet wont even turn on anymore, the hp is a older one

lol. ill just re edit this.

your wireless adapter, you may have to reset a few times, or plug it in.

also if a t-storm rolled through it couldved shocked your system too. if its not on a surge.

What model hp.What windows are you running and what video card.Is your pc turning on does it sound like its booting up.And also is the monitor power button showing its on.And I agree you should never have your pc in an enclosed area and especially have it by a heater.Pc run hot.The more built the better cooling it will need.Its vital.