Another wont start thread

Smoke

Feb 19, 2009
Sup guys another newb here, so im riding this past weekend when my blaster started to sputter felt like i was running outta gas so i put more gas in and away i went. Next day i changed tires and was gonna rip around after work, started it up, warmed it up took off 1st gear fine shifted into 2nd and it started sputtering again and completly died. I tried and tried to restart it to no avail X(. Id like to know what you guys think is wrong is it a shot sparkplug? How do i check? Is it that my carb is gummed up? If so where did that damn thread go w/the pic illustrations i cannot find it today? Anyway sorry for the repeative thread just wanna know what yall think. BTW today i took out the plug cause i read if there was metal shavings on the plug it wouldnt b good well there was nothing on it altho it was black and barely had anything left to it. But would that make it sputter and die out? Any info or opinions will be appreciated. :(

i would try a new plug and see if it starts. by the way you say the spark plug looks its deff. on the rich side. it should be cardboard color. if it starts try going down one size with the main jet. and do a plug chop and see how the plug looks.

i dont know how to check but everything seems the exact same as it did before when i kick it it feels the same. gonna pick up a new plug tonite and try that hopefully that does the trick

plug the new plug in and lean the threads against the motor fin and kick. look at plug to see with your eyes if its got spark.

it could be a number of simple fixes...or not

check spark then holla back for the next thing to try

sup guys sorry been working alot....i went and pickd up a new plug installed it and nothing 2 days later i was messing around n the garage and decided i would try it again and watta you know it fired right up! i rode it around a bit and rode a wheelie after i laid the wheelie down it stalled out again i rocked it back and forth and it refired now it will start and run but still feels like its not getting enought gas so i went and bought some carb cleaner and im gonna try to locate the thread for carb cleaning and follow dudes instructions and clean it up hopefully thatll do it. what you guys think? sound right to you? is that the next step you guys would take it def. seems like a dirty carb from my little bit of experience.

maybe also check your fuel tank petcock,also inline filter if you have one and make sure your getting good flow of gas.

Well I have cleaned my carb and I think I found the problem. It will run for 20-30 minutes and then stop running so I pulled the gas line off the carb after it stalled out and there was no gas coming out of the gas line, or when it does it trickles. So my gas line must be clogged. How do I clean the petcock, could it be clogged in the fuel shut off switch?

yes it could be clogged possibly there. take your tank off drain gas in appropriate container and pull off your petcock and check it out. you could soak it to free up debris and blow it out with air hose. you could also buy a new petcock . First thing though is pull your fuel cap and make sure it's not getting vacuum locked and gas can't flow. if you pull your cap and fuel starts flowing them it's your fuel cap plugged instead.

Also ive noticed that it feels like the choke is always on lacking power in certain rpm ranges and when i pull out the choke it kills the engine when before it did not do this

well i believe i fixed my original problem with it stalling out that hose was kinked when it died while riding i pulled the gas line from carb and nothing came out i took of cap from gas tank and bam flowing gas inspected it and the line was kinked where it goes into the handlebars so thanks for all ur help there but now theres a diff problem it is sluggish while in low rpms and when i try to choke it while starting it it dies so i cannot choke it....wtf happend there any clues?

its all stock.......seems likethe choke is always on its suggish at certain rpm ranges