another jet question.

YamaZuki

Jul 26, 2012
Upstate NY
Stock motor, stock carb ,lid on,stock pipe,pro circuit silencer. What should the jetting be?Where should i start cause i wanna order some jets to tune this right to make sure it is right.Currently has a 230 main and i can't find my tiny screwdrivers soo ima guess a stock pilot,the needle is on the 3rd clipclip is in the middle,3rd groove.
Thanx in advance!!
I tried search function but with 1 word i even get fatal error.

Depending on your elevation and temperature.

With oil injection, #32.5 pilot, #230 main jet, needle on middle clip.

Pre mixing at 32:1, #240 main jet, others the same as above.

Awesome, so am at a great baseline to start with then.If i was to remove the lid tho, how many sizes up?just to start with i will of course do chops tho, i had to do it with my GS1150,due to larger carbs 4into 1 andpods,that was work.
If it is one thing i learned with my streetbike, always start with a good baseline,then mod n learn.

Removing the lid usually calls for one size bigger main, but there are conditions that will require two sizes up.

I would start at #250 and plug chop.

Awesome,Thanx Blaaster,is the power gain even worth it tho?I won't be hitting major water or mud,fear of stuck,lack of 4 wheel drive thing lol

You may feel some increase in power if you remove the lid and re-jet, but it ain't going to blow your mind.

If you are happy with what you got, run it stock.