another blaster, another problem =(

nightmare420

Jun 19, 2008
Newfane/Burt, New York
facebook.com
so i got sick of screwing with my motor since its been over a year, so i found a nice used 01 on craigslist for 700.. the kid said that it only needed some carb adjustments, he says that the only problem with the quad is every once in a while you need to start it with carb cleaner, then it runs fine for the rest of the day.. so im thinking it was no problem i searched the forum and figured it was maybe the reeds..when i got to his house the bike was running, but then stalled soon after and didnt fire again. so i just figured it was just the carb..

heres a pic of the new quad first..
HPIM1377-1.jpg

sooooo i got it home and started ripping it apart a little, cleaned the tank really good, got the carb off to put my clean carb on from the other blasty and this was the first thing i noticed... idk what they were thinking

purple vforce? what are they even really for? lol
HPIM1379-1.jpg

and they really shaved the stock boot down to fit the reeds.
HPIM1381.jpg

i was actually happy to see this, i figured it was the exact reason it wouldnt start so i put stock reeds and different book back on, with clean carb, air screw 1-1/2 turns out. and still nothing.. so i pulled the plug and it wasnt even getting a spark anymore. i have now did the TORS delete DIY, disconnected the on/off switch, i cleaned the airfilter, checked all carb hoses again to see if it was cloged, then it finally got spark again. zapped the piss outta me lol. but STILL wont fire up!! i was so stoked to find something to ride. im getting soo frustrated! its not the blastys fault tho! lol someone help me out though! im lost once again..X(;):(:-/

dude i feel your pain, my sh*t's always breakin and threads stripping and blah blah blah. but have you checked the air filter? is it clean? is the plug dry when you pull it out?