Android Phone

dksix

Apr 16, 2012
North East Tennessee
Looking for something lower priced, pretty good condition and can be done with some type of pre-paid plan for my 10 year old son. I would prefer a phone I could put an AT&T pre-paid SIM card in. They seem to have the best prices for the type of service I'd be looking for. I honestly don't know much about the phone technology, as to what will work with what and what can or can't work together. That's why I'm posting here rather than buying from eBay or CL, I figure I can trust sellers here to help me get what I need. Other carriers would be fine, as long as they have service in my area. Just something for texting, calling and home WiFi, not worried about data (3G/4G or whatever but pre-paid is a must. Can trade parts or pay-pal, but I'm not going to spend too much for a phone that will likely be lost or broken.

the guy who works for me uses the walmart straight talk phone.
it uses the verizon network here, and seems to work flawlessly.
for $45/month unlimited everything....talk/text/internet :)
it seems to be the best deal out there right now.
which reminds me, i'll have to grab him another prepaid card this week, and let him work it off.

this.....
Prepaid SIM Cards| No Plan Cell Phones | Straight Talk Wireless

$49 phone thru straight talk...
http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpd...ction=view&productVariantExtensionId=16716804

You cant get an android smartphone without it needing a plan with internet... At least you cant around here

Just buy him a cheap new phone with a slide/flip full keyboard, thats the best phone a kid can get

You cant get an android smartphone without it needing a plan with internet... At least you cant around here

apparently you didn't click the link i posted above ?
i clearly see the android robot in the ad :p

if there's a walmart near you, you can indeed get a full functioning android smartphone for $49 + $45/30 day unlimited everything plan.
you can also order directly from straightalk.

maybe you'd like a $439 samsung gallaxy III ?....
http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpd...ction=view&productVariantExtensionId=22665771

My cousin just got his son one on the AT&T; no data, 250 minutes and unlimited messaging that is $25 a month. That's along the lines I'm looking at. Personally, I can't believe I'm even considering getting a 10 year old a phone. It's really just laziness on my part. It just seems like an easy way to track him down when he disappears. I'm not as negligent as it sounds. I live on family property that been in the family since the mid 1800's, my neighbors are blood kin and he'll be at my aunts, uncles or cousins houses. It's strange how times have changed. When I was his age me and my cousins would leave in the mornings and not come back until dark, carrying shotguns and rifles and no one even gave it a second though.

Just buy him a cheap new phone with a slide/flip full keyboard, thats the best phone a kid can get

I think it's something new, here's a link
Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, GoPhone Plans, & Prepaid Smartphone plans from AT&T
My cousins son has been using it for a couple of weeks (the $25 a month deal). He's free to hit any of our WiFi but doesn't have to add DATA unless he wants to. When my current contract runs out, I'm done with contract plans. It's crazy that the pre-paid deals are cheaper than the contract plans. We have 3 phones on Verizon Family Share (900 minutes shared, unlimited messaging, 2 GB of DATA. The bill is $288 a month. I could the same thing but with unlimited calling for $100 less a month if I was pre-paid. To me, that just doesn't seem right.