Amsoil

2strokepower

Aug 10, 2009
I was wondering if Amsoil was any good. I have a Honda dealer by my house and all they sell is Amsoil or Honda oil. All my Yamaha dealers are to far away. I run 32:1 and Amsoil wants me to run 50:1. will it hurt the bike if i dont follow Amsoils recommendations?

it is okay...

but I would run it at 40:1
I run redline racing oil at 40:1 and no problems for me

I'm gonna stick with 32:1 because my bike is jetted perfectly for it. Is Amsoil better than Yamalube because that's what Ive been using?

ive ran 100:1 saber amsiol and my dad ran 140:1 on his race sleds and my dad was with amsoil when they where comin in the powersports world specialy with sleds but i run 50:1 now and have never blown up yet 4 2 years

I would have no problem with running Amsoil in my Blaster. However, with the Blaster being air-cooled I would never run it at 50:1. I use Klotz Supertechniplate and run it at 32:1 but I have been told that R50 (Techniplate) is a better oil as it has a better additive package than Super does. He did also tell me that he would never run any 2-stroke at 50:1 or more if one is looking for the utmost reliability. He told me that oil is cheap engines are not and would only use lower ratios of oil for specific applications. He also said that any of the premium oils are good but has had tremendous results with Klotz products and therefore recommends them. When I read the oil bottles before buying my oil they all (did not read Amsoil) specified more oil for air-cooled engines mostly in the 20:1 to 32:1 ratios.

i ran the amsoil "dominator" at 32:1, on my stock setup and i was leaking oil out of my pipe at the head, which told me i was running rich, so i emailed amsoil and they told me for a yamaha blaster, run it at 50:1 because of the extra additives in it, <<read on the back of the bottle
but i didnt wanna trust that, so went back to "maxima" oil at 32:1,

I would have no problem with running Amsoil in my Blaster. However, with the Blaster being air-cooled I would never run it at 50:1. I use Klotz Supertechniplate and run it at 32:1 but I have been told that R50 (Techniplate) is a better oil as it has a better additive package than Super does. He did also tell me that he would never run any 2-stroke at 50:1 or more if one is looking for the utmost reliability. He told me that oil is cheap engines are not and would only use lower ratios of oil for specific applications. He also said that any of the premium oils are good but has had tremendous results with Klotz products and therefore recommends them. When I read the oil bottles before buying my oil they all (did not read Amsoil) specified more oil for air-cooled engines mostly in the 20:1 to 32:1 ratios.

i thought R50 was more geared towards race snowmobiles?

what amsoil is everyone running exactly? theres the injector stuff that can be ran normaly(non injector) and dominator? am i the only one running injector?