Amsoil

hey custom, i was getting the dominator for like 9$ a liter, but i'd like to try the injector type, i beleive the amsoil's good stuff, just didnt wanna risk mixin 50:1, like amsoil emailed me to do, just goes against what we've been doin for years

im going to try mixing at 40:1 then 50:1 and see what a difference it makes. when i bought this thing, the guy told me to mix with amsoil 50:1 because thats what he always did but i decided to go 40:1 before the engine overhaul. and about the gunk, i have alot of it so that may be the issue too.

I also noticed alot of gunk coming out of the exhaust. I even might switch to castrol or something not sure yet. I know i don't really want to mix it at 50:1 i don't think if thats what it takes to get rid of the gunk. I have too much money in the motor to go blow it up. imagine what inside the pipe looks like with all the crap floating around in there.

89 Custom, I've been doing AMS Dominator Race Oil at 40:1 for quite some time and I've never had a problem, it doesn't smell bad, I don't have gunk coming out the exhaust pipe at the header or the silencer, i've never seized or burned up anything, and I make excellent compression on stock mill, I'd recommend it, and also someone posted up about not being jetted right for a different mix ratio, well that doesn't matter, different amounts of oil don't add up for rich or lean to make a difference, pick a ratio and then jet. I'd recommend 40:1, and my motor stays at a decent temp always

89 Custom, I've been doing AMS Dominator Race Oil at 40:1 for quite some time and I've never had a problem, it doesn't smell bad, I don't have gunk coming out the exhaust pipe at the header or the silencer, i've never seized or burned up anything, and I make excellent compression on stock mill, I'd recommend it, and also someone posted up about not being jetted right for a different mix ratio, well that doesn't matter, different amounts of oil don't add up for rich or lean to make a difference, pick a ratio and then jet. I'd recommend 40:1, and my motor stays at a decent temp always

are you talking about Liter's or Galon's

because I jet 50:1 in "liter's"

and have no problems

I was wondering if Amsoil was any good. I have a Honda dealer by my house and all they sell is Amsoil or Honda oil. All my Yamaha dealers are to far away. I run 32:1 and Amsoil wants me to run 50:1. will it hurt the bike if i dont follow Amsoils recommendations?

i use belray oil and you can find that just about anywhere....

I know this is thread is kinda old but the guy who said amsoil is crap probly never tried it and is biased. I just started using it and i know already that it is better than yamalube, because it runs better and smokes less, i use 32:1 btw.

i personally use amsoil dominator in my modded banshee and love the stuff. i also run the stuff in my lightly modded moped and modded sleds. won't run anything else. smells awesome and lubricates well. little smoke too. oh yeah, i run 50:1.

I know this is thread is kinda old but the guy who said amsoil is crap probly never tried it and is biased. I just started using it and i know already that it is better than yamalube, because it runs better and smokes less, i use 32:1 btw.

do you use yamalube gearsaver??

and have no problems

Oh ya that's a really good point man, I dunno what that's at in gallons, I'll have to go check my mix cup and see. I forgot we're not all using standard measurements

and have no problems

Oh ya that's a really good point man, I dunno what that's at in gallons, I'll have to go check my mix cup and see. I forgot we're not all using standard measurements

ROFL ROFL ROFL wait almost done...nope one more ROFL

Ummm.... Excuse me for pointing out the blatantly obvious, But it does not make a difference.

50:1 is a ratio so its the same no matter what measurement you use 50 gallons of gas to 1 gallon of oil or 50 liters of gas to 1 liter of oil. 50:1 is still 50:1. While the volume of fuel would be different (higher volume with gallons) the mix ratio remains the same.