amsoil dominator

blaster003

May 13, 2014
i am currently running castor 927 which is 37 for half a gallon, i recently found that for a gallon of amsoil dominator was the same price. but i have read that amsoil dominator should be ran at 50:1, sounds lean to me is it safe to run a 32:1?

Argh Not Amsoil !!. :( I wont get into that right now. However you can run it at 32;1 but you may foul plugs ?? Then again if you run it at 50;1 you may have to rejet. I had run Yamalube in the past and really have no complaints. It can be found for around $35 per gallon. I would choose Yamalube over Amsoil anyday.

i can't see buying a half a gallon of 927 for the same price for a gallon of dominator

I've ran amsoil for years at 32:1 with no issues. Love the stuff. Not sure why people dump on it so much.

I have never used Amsoil and I never would So I guess I cant say anything bad about. There are a few reasons why I personally wouldn't run it though.

I don't mean to jack your thread blaster003.. If you want to run it and have had previous success with it than by all means run it, others swear by it but me personally Id go with something different.

Being as Amsoil has ZERO products that carry API or JASO certification, Yet there site may say different but in reality they DO NOT !?:oops: . Just makes them look real shady to me and how could you believe any of there claims when they say they meet certain requirements but they don't. < that along with a few other things.. That's just me though.. everyone has there favorite and true some oils do work better for certain types of riding etc. Most importantly,, Try and use the best oil you can afford that fits your needs, make sure you are jetted properly, and stick with the same mix ratio that you jet for.