American star +3 +1 a arms

TaylorMade44

Feb 10, 2014
Hey guys, I am new to this site, hope somebody can help me. I'm wanting to buy some American star a arms for my blaster, but ebay has several different kits and I don't know which one to buy? One is only like 398 and some include lines for like 500. I'm wanting to put yfz 450 front shocks on so should I buy the ones that say long travel? Any help will be appreciated!!!
Thanks

I just went through this also. So its fresh In my mind.

If you want to put yfz 450 Shocks on, you will need the long travel (LT) a-arms.

The MX Pro uses ball joints, and the PRO X uses Helm's. The ProX has a higher tensile strength.

Your right about the kits being different prices, some have tierods and ends, some have breaklines, some just a-arms.

Just research and ask questions. Its alot of cash to spend, and you want to get the right arms, and what you want/need.

If you want to put yfz 450 Shocks on, you will need the long travel (LT) a-arms.

The MX Pro uses ball joints, and the PRO X uses Helm's. The ProX has a higher tensile strength.

Your right about the kits being different prices, some have tierods and ends, some have breaklines, some just a-arms.

Just research and ask questions. Its alot of cash to spend, and you want to get the right arms, and what you want/need.
Ok the only ones I can find on ebay that say long travel are the ones for 417. Looks like I'll be going with these. Thanks for your help. One last thing though. The I diamond widening and shock conversion kit for about 220 bucks. Is that no good? For the most part people say to just get the a arms

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360857695100

Check this out. Pro X Long Travel with lines, tierod ends, and a price tag! Says they are on sale for 2 more days. "LT"= Long travel

I have no experience with the Diamond J kits. From what I've read on here, they are pretty good, but the tierod extensions leave something to be desired.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
If one has the money to spend, go for the A arms.

The Diamond kit is excellent, but I would be buying extended tie rods to go with it, as the extensions have bent on my Lad's bike.

Great info Dirty!!! You summed it up perfectly!! I run the pro x arms. I prefer the heim joints however they do require more maintenance to keep them clean and last a long time.

Here is a pic of my ASR +3+1 Long travel pro X arms. I run shocks off of a yfz. I believe they are 16 inches eye to eye. ASR makes a very nice quality product at affordable prices. Can't beat them. imo

icsc3m.jpg

2hxx2rd.jpg

Really nice arms, i havent ridden any other, but i think its safe to say the best ones :D

I wish i had some long travels. theres a nice set of 18" elkas near me for cheap!

Great info Dirty!!! You summed it up perfectly!! I run the pro x arms. I prefer the heim joints however they do require more maintenance to keep them clean and last a long time.

Here is a pic of my ASR +3+1 Long travel pro X arms. I run shocks off of a yfz. I believe they are 16 inches eye to eye. ASR makes a very nice quality product at affordable prices. Can't beat them. imo

icsc3m.jpg

2hxx2rd.jpg

WOW, do you have a build thread on this? thought you only had your avatar drag blaster

icsc3m.jpg

2hxx2rd.jpg

I've seen that blaster in person. It's bad azz