Air screw.....

Blastinit

Apr 14, 2013
SW Washington
Okay, so I haven't quite yet gotten the Blaster fully broken in yet, but I have had some time to do a little tuning. On my airscrew, I initially set it to 1 1/2 turns out. After warming the engine fully, I set the idle above normal (around 2000 RPM) and started adjusting the air screw. I achieve the highest idle and throttle response at 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 turns out. Is this okay, or is my pilot to large? Not sure, but I think it is the stock pilot. Could this be due to me being at sea level. :-/

Okay, so I haven't quite yet gotten the Blaster fully broken in yet, but I have had some time to do a little tuning. On my airscrew, I initially set it to 1 1/2 turns out. After warming the engine fully, I set the idle above normal (around 2000 RPM) and started adjusting the air screw. I achieve the highest idle and throttle response at 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 turns out. Is this okay, or is my pilot to large? Not sure, but I think it is the stock pilot. Could this be due to me being at sea level. :-/

yes my air screw is around at the same setting. I have mine at 2 1/2 turns out. im in WA also at 250 above sea level. im just leaving it.

yes my air screw is around at the same setting. I have mine at 2 1/2 turns out. im in WA also at 250 above sea level. im just leaving it.

Thanks! I had a feeling it might be due to altitude, just wanna make sure I'm not going to hurt anything. I considered doing a half throttle plug chop, but if there's nothing wrong with this setting, I will save the new plug for my main jet plug chop!

Thanks! I had a feeling it might be due to altitude, just wanna make sure I'm not going to hurt anything. I considered doing a half throttle plug chop, but if there's nothing wrong with this setting, I will save the new plug for my main jet plug chop!

yea mine revs high at 3 ish turns but I have it set rich at 2 1/2 turns out to be safe

Check the fuel level by attaching a length of clear plastic tubing to the drain nipple , lifting it up the side of the carby, and cracking the drain screw.

The fuel should show in the pipe to the level of the carb body above the float bowl gasket.