Air screw almost all the way in

DrywallDoc

Sep 29, 2015
If I turn the Air screw 1.5 turns out the blaster will rev high. I have a 290 main and the needle in the middle position. Its bored .010 Over ,vforce4 reeds, uni airfilter, full pro circuit pipe, 32:1 gas mix, 0-600 elevation. It also seems like it isn't as peppy as it should be. Any thoughts?

rev high as in out of control or just a high rev? You mention air screw but no mention of idel adjustments. If you have the tors brick the idle adjustment is under the seat, big flathead. If you have removed the tors brick it will be on the side of the carb

Reactions: 501Ryan
Make sure you a 32.5 pilot jet in your carb. If it is, you might have an air leak causing a lean condition.

A 32.5 pilot on your setup 1.5,turns out from seated should be fairly close. That's what's pointing to an air leak if you do indeed have the 32.5 in it.

Idle speed setting
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when
the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of
unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust the idle screw for the despaired idle speed.

So I set the Air screw 1.5 turns out. Adjusted the idle screw and it ran better. Now it seems like when I hit the throttle it takes too long to idle back down. It feels like it's not as peppy as it should be. The motor revs higher than the pipe if that's makes any sense? Like the motor is revving but the speed isn't up to par. Needle is in the middle position and main is 190. I'm about to make sure the pilot is 32.5

So I set the Air screw 1.5 turns out. Adjusted the idle screw and it ran better. Now it seems like when I hit the throttle it takes too long to idle back down. It feels like it's not as peppy as it should be. The motor revs higher than the pipe if that's makes any sense? Like the motor is revving but the speed isn't up to par. Needle is in the middle position and main is 190. I'm about to make sure the pilot is 32.5

jeesh stock main is 230, why so low!?! With VF4 reeds, uni, procircuit, im guessing you "should" be in the 270-290 range for main jet.I would buy some jets, and plug chop to find the right jetting.

jeesh stock main is 230, why so low!?! With VF4 reeds, uni, procircuit, im guessing you "should" be in the 270-290 range for main jet.I would buy some jets, and plug chop to find the right jetting.
Lol that would be way too low. I meant 290.

I'm still in the break in process so I haven't done a plug chop. UPDATE: so another thing I noticed is when it's idleing and I stab the throttle it acts like it wants to die then it revs up.

UPDATE: if I pull the choke on it dies.
I know I have to do another leak down test first just to make sure but i haven't had the chance to buy a tester. So I wanted opinions on other things it could be so I can check them in the meantime. Thanks again guys, I'm a newbie to all this twostroke stuff and everything I've done is thanks to this site.

I'm still in the break in process so I haven't done a plug chop. UPDATE: so another thing I noticed is when it's idleing and I stab the throttle it acts like it wants to die then it revs up.
This could mean that you are getting too much fuel, did you set the float to 20-21.5mm and make sure the carb is not flooding.

Sometimes tweeking the air screw is all it takes, 1/16th of a turn one way or other. ALL engines are different, 1.5 turns out is a starting point.