air box

If you run without the air box lid, you need to rejet your carb. About one size up should work. Plug chop to make sure. Put the lid back on till you can rejet or you will be running lean and blow the top end.

oh okay cause today i took it off and just rode it around the yard and it seemed to go good just smoked a lil more

could mine possible already be jetted cause with the airbox cover on it seems to run more lean then with it off. and it is piped

If you keep running it without the lid and without verifying your jetting is correct (by doing plug chops) you're gonna burn up your piston. After market pipe with no airbox lid = a lot more air flow through the engine. More airflow requires more fuel to balance it out. Save your self a few hundred bucks by spending $10-$15 on a few spark plugs and get chop'n!

you should be fine, if you already have an aftermarket pipe then most likely it is already jetted

hey guys, not sure if the correct thread but i have an issue i would appreciate some input on......recently installed a full fmf pipe (fatty and power core 2), rejetted to a 260...the bike starts great but in half choke will idle lovely for about 30 secs to a min but then start to die.....at which point i turn choke off an gently rev till shes warmed up. sometimes it takes a good blast before she'll idle on her own with choke fully off? also i removed the airbox lid as FMFs website suggests......bike sounds amazin but bogs down in higher revs in higher gears....i thought a 260 would be sufficient to remove the airbox lid and add some more power....whereas im havin the opposite effect? anybody else had this problem? cheers in advance!I:I

yea i ran it with the air box lid on all the time.....ran amazin.....then thought that if i took it off it would go even better now that it was all rejetted and many people have done it on a 260 no sweat.....but no....it ran crap and bogged down top end :( im like 100ft ASL so dont think that would affect it much?