age of members?

how old are you?

• Total voters
WHAT DA f*ck IS UP WITH YOU GUYS!!!! CALLING HIM A HOLE! JUST BECUZ HES NAME SAYS I HATE BLASTER DOESNT MEAN HES HERE TO F*CK AROUND! MAYBE THATS NAME JSUT FOR FOOLING AROUND! I HAVENT SEEN HIM CALL ANYONE ANYTHING FOR YOU IMMATURE DUMB*** TO START CALLING HIM NAMES! GROW UP AND BE NICE. YEA GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME A BAD REP JSUT BEUCZ YOU DoNT LIKE MY OPINION!

ah, the wise man has finally come

i can't say i like blasters but i do not hate them
i have redden a poor excuse for one and it was a fun little play bike but seeing as i am near 200 lbs it lacked the power i desire

and in my opinion 4 strokes are better

Yeah 4-pokes have some advantages, mainly torque. That's one fight A 2-smoke just cant seem to win. I'm probably going to get a 4-stroke this winter not sure what yet, but something for long trail rides. the blaster is just to rough to ride long distance, and my body is starting to slow down (you know since I'm an old fart and all) I dont recuperiate like I used too. I think Im going to look for a KFX 700, I like the idea of an auto on the trails not to mention electric start and reverse. Plus its also a lot bigger and more comfortable. but dont worry the blaster isn't going anyware I'll always have a special love for 2-strokes

Yeah 4-pokes have some advantages, mainly torque. That's one fight A 2-smoke just cant seem to win. I'm probably going to get a 4-stroke this winter not sure what yet, but something for long trail rides. the blaster is just to rough to ride long distance, and my body is starting to slow down (you know since I'm an old fart and all) I dont recuperiate like I used too. I think Im going to look for a KFX 700, I like the idea of an auto on the trails not to mention electric start and reverse. Plus its also a lot bigger and more comfortable. but dont worry the blaster isn't going anyware I'll always have a special love for 2-strokes

i know what you mean, i switched out on a trail with my buddy the other day, rode his thumper around for awhile, man it was sure nice being able to just chug along up anything without any effort.
of course that does get boring, which is why i ride a 2 stroke. B-)

well ok i have realized that my earlier comment was way out of order and i was in the wrong. Its just because there have been quite a lot of people lately making accounts on this forum just to be A holes and say blasters are crap. But it seems i was too quick to judge and for that i'm sorry "i hate blasters".

Guy's, chill, this guy doesn't seem to be a "hater," just pullin some chains, right?

I'm 27, from age ? 7ish or so ? till 18 when I went to college I rode whatever quad or dirtbike that someone else wasn't riding!! I was lucky enough grow up right next to some fantastic trails that lead all over town and beyond, so half of my friends used to leave their quads/bikes at my parent's place.....but I'm getting way off point here! I had to sell my quad and bike when I went off to college.....how could I ask my parent's to chip in 3k a year (I had a scholarship that covered roughly 60%) when I had expensive toys sitting in the garage?

Now I'm "all grown up" (hahaha, or something) and was lucky enough to be handed two blasters for almost nothing from my little brothers rich friend's parents who wanted them out of their yard, because they no longer lived at my parents' house. I just bought a house, have two jeeps that I beat the absolute sh*t out of, and spend way too much money on...among other too expensive hobbies that I shouldn't have, but I am absolutely THRILLED to have two blasters!!

If blasters really sucked, I don't think that Yamaha would have continued to make them from '88 all the way till '06, right before the downfall of all two strokes!! They're no Cadillac, but they're good cheap fun!! Don't believe that, just look at all the aftermarket support they've got!! They don't do everything, but they have a purpose and they do what they're made to do well.

Ideally, if money wasn't an issue, I personally would probably have something bigger than a blaster. I'm 6'2".....getting fatter, about 220 now, but kinda on the big side for a blaster. Still, they're cheap great fun and you won't hear me complaining!! I saw some of my HS friends last night, all of which now ride way hopped-up street bikes somewhat professionally and they're all in a streetbike stunt group or whatever....they're way ridiculous riders. One of them, burnout king, rode his banshee to HS, parked it in the parking lot, convinced the principal that he had registered it legally and everything (yes, a banshee, with toomey pipes, ported) but was just waiting for them to send him a plate, and then did donuts all over the parking lot that afternoon........all of these guys were jealous that I have two blasters!!

so you blocked him and that other guy that no one could refute? and locked the raptor thread?
whiskey tango foxtrot...

i wanted to ask a ?. where did he hear/learn that blasters have 12 hp at the rear wheel? Angus has i believe 2 chassis dyno's and they make 16 on his :-/.
also, i was reading in a quad magazine (forget which one) that just did a test on 250 class quads, radared a raptor 250's top speed at 45 :-(. blasters do what, 60-65?

like i said before, i love 2 strokes, but wouldn't take a blaster over a yfz450. i was riding a few months ago at this benefit for 2 kids killed in a car wreck, and was having a hard time riding slow with everyone. i would've liked to have a 4 stroke that day, till everyone started leaving and i ripped around with a friend, then i just wished my blaster was 5 inches wider, lol.
the blaster was made for kids. it has decent low end stock, and can be made fast. all there is to it.