A-arms?

What a neat idea!

By the way, if you dont get your hands dirtier than that, I ain't dooing no dealings with you.:):)I:I:D:D

This isn't the kind of thing I'd want to be doing all the time, trying to fit square pegs into round holes but this should fix up rayblaster's chrome ball-jointless a-arms!

:D You should see everything when I polish heads.... whew! my arm, hands, face, the wall, the head, the machine, halfway across the shop! Love it!

This isn't the kind of thing I'd want to be doing all the time, trying to fit square pegs into round holes but this should fix up rayblaster's chrome ball-jointless a-arms!

:D You should see everything when I polish heads.... whew! my arm, hands, face, the wall, the head, the machine, halfway across the shop! Love it!

cooooooooooool I:I like i say mate thanks again for your help cant wait to get them I:I

Well, this kind of became the conclusion to two different threads. I thought this was the good one but I actually just scrolled up a bit and read and of course its not. I guess I can put the "synopsis" here.

Perhaps a little explanation is order?

Rayblaster has a blaster with chrome aftermarket a-arms that fit some sort of 4 stroke blaster knockoff over there. At some point, someone bolted some of those a-arms on the blaster before Ray got it. Unfortunately, the company that made the a-arms has gone out of business and no longer supports their product. They used ball joints setup using collars just like those I made but 1 joint was completely missing and 2 of the 3 remaining joints were damaged.

Rayblaster contacted me about getting a set of my a-arms so he could have aftermarket front suspension. After discussing it for a while we came to the conclusion that he didn't need new a-arms, just ball joints to fit the ones he already had. I had him measure the threads and angles of the joints he had in hand and recommended 4 new Ricky Stator RS3003 ball joints with two custom adapters (for the upper ball joints) to make the RS3003's fit on the top mounts of the spindles.

So for a grand total of ~$110 plus a modest shipping cost (versus the $400 plus a lot more shipping for new a-arms) he should be ready to rock and roll. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that no one monkeyed with the tapers in the spindles or anything and everything should go right together.

The adapters were relatively easy to machine for me and he gets exactly what he was after for a lot less money than he was looking at spending. Win, win.

Reactions: blasterfreek30
awsome james cant wait mate all been well we might have them before xmas and if i can get a clear day i will fit them and get some pics up thanks so much dont know what i would of done if we did not have members like your self who go out there way to help were they can I:I

Ray

Hello just a little update no ball joints have came yet been told the way our post/sorting offices are stoved under as we were hit with snow and some parts got it bad so there is a backlog :( so my friend fred the postman said i might be looking after xmas but he is going to keep a look out for me thats if they will come via royal mail and not a diffrent courier service.

GOOD NEWS!!

Guess what yes the ball joints came this morning and i test fitted one and it fits!! yeeeeeeeesssssss thanks ever so much james for all what you have done for me some green will be going your way I:I am over the moon them collers feel and look far far better then the ones i have seen anyway here is some pics of unpacking :D they will be getting fitted after xmas now as its far to cold here to work outside and it keeps sleeting/ snowing so it can wait for now :).

I'm sure you've already undone them by now so my advice is probably wasted I:I but I taped the castle nut and cotter pin to the lowers and then taped the uppers to that. Just make sure you don't lose that nut and pin and you SHOULD be ready to go.

Now let's see some pictures of that thing together! :D I:I

Reactions: slickerthanyou
I'm sure you've already undone them by now so my advice is probably wasted I:I but I taped the castle nut and cotter pin to the lowers and then taped the uppers to that. Just make sure you don't lose that nut and pin and you SHOULD be ready to go.

Now let's see some pictures of that thing together! :D I:I

i only taken one out a top one to try and make sure they will fit and they do just packed them away untill after xmas now mate thats when they will be fitted my blaster is kept outside under a weather proof cover i have no shed or garage big enough to work in when the weather is bad like it is but soon as xmas is gone i will get them fitted and get the pics up then its just a matter of getting the rest of the parts for the quad once again james mate thanks so so much I:I

i only taken one out a top one to try and make sure they will fit and they do just packed them away untill after xmas now mate thats when they will be fitted my blaster is kept outside under a weather proof cover i have no shed or garage big enough to work in when the weather is bad like it is but soon as xmas is gone i will get them fitted and get the pics up then its just a matter of getting the rest of the parts for the quad once again james mate thanks so so much I:I

Nice 1 man happy for you! sounds as tho you got a good deal there also! happy days ahead brother I:I