A arm ball joints

808blaster

Feb 16, 2015
I just recently bought this blaster and had to replace front spindles back to stock and was wondering how far down should the upper ball joints sit in the pinch bolt? Down to the groove in the joint or up above a little?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 251
cant you get a closer shot of that? looks about right but maybe send it down a bit more. The nut should pull everything together when you tighten and it should then press into the socket and tighten where it belongs.

cant you get a closer shot of that? looks about right but maybe send it down a bit more. The nut should pull everything together when you tighten and it should then press into the socket and tighten where it belongs.
So it should basically sit as low as it goes into the hole? Should it be flush at the bottom?

Im open to correction, I haven't dealt with the drum system on a blaster (any normal blaster spindles) since I threw mine away, but its a simple process, just get the balljoint somewhat seated in the socket and the nut should pull everything up, granted the ball joint doesnt turn with the nut, then it helps to use a G-clamp or something to squeeze the spindle and BJ together allowing you to tighten the nut.

Im open to correction, I haven't dealt with the drum system on a blaster (any normal blaster spindles) since I threw mine away, but its a simple process, just get the balljoint somewhat seated in the socket and the nut should pull everything up, granted the ball joint doesnt turn with the nut, then it helps to use a G-clamp or something to squeeze the spindle and BJ together allowing you to tighten the nut.
Ok thanks man! So if u don't use drum brakes what have you used to convert front hubs? New spindles? If so what kind? Got pics?

I may be missing the point here, forgive me. I cant remember if the pinch system uses a nut on the end of the ball joint. Is the horizontal bolt the only bolt which holds it together or does it have a nut like the bottom Ball joint? All I have said above applies to the bottom BJ system...

I may be missing the point here, forgive me. I cant remember if the pinch system uses a nut on the end of the ball joint. Is the horizontal bolt the only bolt which holds it together or does it have a nut like the bottom Ball joint? All I have said above applies to the bottom BJ system...
No the top ball joints only pinch bolt white no castle nut

Ok thanks man! So if u don't use drum brakes what have you used to convert front hubs? New spindles? If so what kind? Got pics?

Im using Raptor 660 spindles, Banshee caliper and disks on a 450 suspension. http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...complete-front-suspension-to-a-blaster.36120/

The blaster is unique with that pinch bolt setup, it limits you against using other spindles unfortunately. My advice for you would be to find a set of +03 disks and calipers of a newer blaster, along with the brake lines, master cylinder and lever.

Im using Raptor 660 spindles, Banshee caliper and disks on a 450 suspension. http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...complete-front-suspension-to-a-blaster.36120/

The blaster is unique with that pinch bolt setup, it limits you against using other spindles unfortunately. My advice for you would be to find a set of +03 disks and calipers of a newer blaster, along with the brake lines, master cylinder and lever.
I believe I have a set of yfz450 spindles hub and brake setup with cables and brake lever that was on the bike when I bought it BUT I just made everything back to stock (spindle/hub/brakes) because the 450 spindles are not compatible with the pinch bolt style arms/ball joints and the person I got it from had it rigged with washers welded to the ball joints to hold it in place so I decided to go back to stock until I have enough cash to get extended a arms and so on...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 221
Ya ya, thats the problem. You will have to get different A-arm to use the 450 spindles or any other spindles. I wanted 450 spindles, but I found the 660 ones to be cheaper at the time, I first tried banshees ones but they didnt lie well with the setup.

I suggest, since you already have all that kit, just try get yourself a set of aftermarket blaster a-arms and then use the 450 hubs etc. then you will be sorted!