99 blaster spark problems..

shawn 38

Aug 3, 2014
hi, i restored a yamaha blaster i purchased from a friend that sat for four yrs, cleaned carb, put new gas to it, kicked her 4 times and she perrrd.. as i was restoreing the atv, i didnt cover it up one night and a storm rolled bye.. the next day i messed with the atv to find ive lost spark, motor full rain water, got that cleared up, draind the exhaust, ive done alot of reading on spark issues and none have solved my issue, ive chaged the whole wire harness, coil, both on/off switches, new plug, i pulled the flywheel off today sanded down the lil rust that was there.. i still cant get the spark back.. any help on this issue would be greatful

Last edited by a moderator:
If the stator coil has absorbed water WD 40 is specifically designed to displace water.

NP on the other thread, it help to avoid confusion if there is only one thread to reply and look for replies.

By the way Welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: shawn 38
If the stator coil has absorbed water WD 40 is specifically designed to displace water.

NP on the other thread, it help to avoid confusion if there is only one thread to reply and look for replies.

By the way Welcome.
i cleaned all contacts pretty good, checked grounds, cleaned flywheel of lil rust, still couldnt get it to spark.. i read here last night where to try pressing throttle while tring to get spark and after doing that i seen a spark with plug wedged on top frame.. i did try last night to by pass the kill switches an couldnt get a spark.. thanx for the help on my issue

Reactions: speedyslyder
i would compression test it,leaktest it,maybe take apart and inspect it:)

IF IT SAT FOR 4 YEARS...perhaps you are getting a false spark reading and something else is wrong,if you have not compression tested it yet...perhaps the switch that is in your thumb throttle,and out of tuned carb allowing it not to start after a 4 year vacation:)DO THE TORS DELETE FOR YOUR YEAR,OR AT LEAST CHECK IT,READ UP
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-remove-your-tors.655/

Last edited:
i got her up and running.. im sure my issue was water related.. i did bypass my kill switches or brain today an started the atv, it seemed that when giving is throttle, it would balwg down and spit and sputter, i hooked switches back up and all went well when i started it back up.. the WD-40 helped me with my issue.. tyvm for the help

Thanks for getting back that the problem is fixed.

Now put the WD40 back where it belongs (propping the door open) until the next water related issue!