'96 Polaris TB 250 revs high and wont come back down

Kevin Robbins

Oct 27, 2016
Hi, I'm currently rebuilding a Polaris trailblazer 250. I stripped the bike down to clean and paint the frame. When I put the motor back in today I fired it up. Once it warmed up it was idling a little odd, every few minutes it would pick up pace then come back down to where it should be. (was doing this before I stripped it down just thought I should say) If I even hit the gas 1/4 throttle it revs up balls to the wall and stays there until I turn the idle down or turn the key. Occasionally when this happens it won't shut off at all when I hit the button and turn the key. When that happens I tap the throttle and it'll come down. I rebuilt my carb so that's not the issue. I've gone over my wiring. Previous owner has done the top end. ( At least said he did) I'm really getting discouraged by this build and would appreciate any advice or solutions.

You can make one. There is a diy on here on how to make one. It is a diy for making one for a Blaster but its technically the same thing. Only difference would be the size of the exhaust plug and the size of the fitting into the intake.

Reactions: Kevin Robbins
Even better
Apologies Awk,, forgot you still made these.

none needed bro, both ways work equally well, if one can find parts and time to build one for cheaper than I sale them,
thats the way to go.

How did you determine this? What did you find wrong?
Mechanic I had look actually didn't know a dam thing. I finally took the time to poke around myself on my day off and I believe it's my head gasket or crank seals but I'm leaning towards it being the crank seals.

Mechanic I had look actually didn't know a dam thing. I finally took the time to poke around myself on my day off and I believe it's my head gasket or crank seals but I'm leaning towards it being the crank seals.

Did you do a leak down test to determine this? That's gonna be the only way you find everything that's leaking, and get it all sealed back up.

I'd hate to see you go to all the trouble of fixing crank seals, or a head gasket, only to find out you have a cracked case or or leaking intake boot!

Did you do a leak down test to determine this? That's gonna be the only way you find everything that's leaking, and get it all sealed back up.

I'd hate to see you go to all the trouble of fixing crank seals, or a head gasket, only to find out you have a cracked case or or leaking used
I used a tester and soapy water. Pretty sure there was a few bubbles around the head gasket (used a little to much soap so will have to re check) but for sure bubbles on the crank seals.

Reactions: Awk08
Not knowing how old it is , it wouldn't hurt to replace them. I've suggested quite often to consider crank seals as a maintenance item, nothing lasts forever.