96 blaster build

sc0r1a

Jun 11, 2009
Ohio
My girlfriend recently got her brothers 96 blaster after he blew it up. We found a 03 motor for it and dropped it in place and waiting for the swing arm bushing kit and a new oil resistor.
Original the blaster had a purple gas tank, seat and, yellow rims. But her brother got tired of it (he's color blind and really didn't know) and her Dad painted it all black with silver rims.
Her and I got bored and decided to repaint the blaster once again. Here is the progress so far. Frame is purple and the front bumper and rear grab bar at pink, along with the fender stripes and the hood (still not finished) We're working on ideas for the back fenders and gas tank cover. Rims are going to be painted black with maybe a pink outline, still not for sure.
I'll post better pictures once we get more done to it.
Let me know what you guys think about it.
I:I

Attachments

• PIC-0162.jpg
    PIC-0162.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 271
  • PIC-0167.jpg
    PIC-0167.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 244
  • PIC-0168.jpg
    PIC-0168.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 260
  • PIC-0169.jpg
    PIC-0169.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 276
The pink is an outdoor spray paint and the purple is some sort of metallic metal spray paint. We got it at the Wall. I'm not sure of the brand, the paint is at her house i'll check on it later

I still need to finish the back plastics and gas tank. I'd like to get mine running but her's is taking priority over mine...

we finally got it up and running for the most part and it turns out the clutch is bad... so we have the going for us. We also got my bike back together and the throttle cable broke. So we haven't had any luck this week.

looks great did you paint the whole frame or just parts of it???

I tried to paint most of it without completely taking it all apart. It still needs some spots touched up, rear plastics need done as well as the gas tank.
I'm about to start working on it again, and will post new pictures.
I think the rims are going to be blacked out with a pink stripe around the outside.