94 blaster melted wires on exhuast

blaster420

Apr 28, 2015
I have a 94 blaster with a 6 speed motor in it was riding one day and out of no where it died and wouldn't start back up. Well I notice the wires running up to the cdi and everything melted on the exhuast , so I took all the wiring off and fixed the burnt wires and put it back together now I don't have any spark. The stator ohm test came out good, ignition coil tested good . so my question is what's the most likely part to fry out when the wires contacted each other?? Any help would be great I don't wanna just through parts at it.

One thread per topic please !!!!!

recheck all your wiring color to color and that the blacks are all connected to solid blacks,
the black ground at the coil is connected and good
and the black w/ white stripe wires are also connected to only blk/wht stripe wires.

yea sorry i started this post on my phone and it was having brain farts i didnt mean to post this 3 times is there any way i could delete the other two if so could you tell me how. also thanks for the replys i will go check those and report back to you guys

yea sorry i started this post on my phone and it was having brain farts i didnt mean to post this 3 times is there any way i could delete the other two if so could you tell me how. also thanks for the replys i will go check those and report back to you guys

no biggie, I took care of the other threads :)
I was on my phone too with limited time to reply at the time.

ok i went out and re checked all the wiring and everything is as it should be cleaned and checked grounds and still no spark. is it possible that i fried the cdi when the wires melted on the exhaust?

i already have both removed before this whole problem, well it was like that before i got it but i do plan on hooking the key back up. could the stator be bad even if it tested good??

Yes, the srator could be bad even if testing good.
But the trouble shooting guide in the electrical section suggests if stator and coil test good, assume the CDI is bad, which cannot be tested.

I'd be grabbing a new to you used wiring harness off here or eBay first, as the melted wiring caused this problem originally, then onto trying a known good CDI and stator