89 Yamaha Warrior Problems

magicinmywords

Apr 10, 2011
I have an 89 Warrior. I just had the stater fixed, and I started it up, after I put it back together, and she ran great. Then a few days later, I started her up, and she run pretty good, but had like a little miss, or something. My wife decided to try her out, and she was just riding slowly thru the yard. She started into 2nd gear, and let it die. Well, the battery is really weak where it's set for a while, so I have to hot shot it, to start it up. I hooked up the cables, and I finally got it started, but it ran like sh*t. Sounded like the whole top end was all to hell. I was telling a 4 wheeler mechanic that I know about it, and he said to empty the gas out of the carb, and let some run thru it, in case that it was some bad gas. I did that, and I had it start once or twice, but it ran like sh*t again, and then I guess my damn starter went out, while I was trying to start it back, cause the starter sounded like it was spinning free. I had just changed the oil. a week or 2 back, but I put regular auto 10w40 in it. I checked it out, and there was nothing on there about it being energy conservative or anything, so I thought it was ok to use. Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be? I'm desperate here.

i had the same problem my blaster was running lik sh*t and it ended up being one of my reed petals broke u should check them out or if there gapped .

One thing that is overlooked alot is the sparkplug wire. If it's bad and jumping spark to the head, then it will run like crap.

I think my starter went out too, cause, like it said, it's like its just spinning free now. And I didnt try that long to start it. I got it started once or twice, but it died before I could give it a little throttle and see if it would clear up. It really baffled me. It was running perfect the other night