88 blaster

dlporkchop

Nov 20, 2009
Dinwiddie Va
i have a 88 blaster and I am trying to keep it all original with exception of a tether kill switch that I added. Where can I find an ignition key. I lost it a couple of days ago! The part dealers want to sell you the whole ignition switch.

I'm no locksmith but I would think they could make you one. I thought they could make a key even if you dont have the original to copy. You know, if all else fails.

i doubt they can just make a new one without a reference, i used to have to do keys at a gm/chrysler dealer, and you couldn't get key codes from a VIN for anything before about 1994. sometimes you'd get lucky, most of the time though, no go. and if you have a 2 key system, most of the time a new lock cylinder came with new keys, no way to service them

check the classifieds on here and ebay

you prolly going to have to get a whole new unit off ebay..

or just unplug the switch all together and it will fire right up

i got a hole igntion lost my key before bought a new igntion and then i found the key like 5 months later if u need on i could probley hook u up

I have the blaster running since I have the tether kill hooked up. I just thought someone might have found one at a lawnmower dealer? I have lost lawnmower keys before and most models like craftsman are the same and you can get them at Sears.

i think a igniton on a blaster is dumb... the machine is small enough that if someone wants it they are just gonna get a friend and pick it up adn carry it away... and honestly 9 out of 10 guys can unplug a ignition in a matter of seconds. IMO blaster ignition = waste of money

You have to understand I am trying to keep everything original. I am only asking where to find a key! Maybe 2 out of 10!!!!!!!! LOL!! If you can help with the key problem please reply!

Last edited:
your easiest and most cost effective option is going to be to get a used key/switch. not sure why you're so hard up about keeping it all original but it's your bike