'84 cr250r.

kingman14

Nov 18, 2009
Well i've had the bike for awhile. i paid $75 for it and it needed the top end built so it's finally time to get around to building it.
my shopping list as of not is
wiseco .80 over prolite piston
moose top end gasket kit
wiseco wrist pin bearing.
and whatever color i decide to paint the frame.
(input on paint color is welcome)
i'm thinking go back with the factory white since it's got the factory honda orange plastics on it.
and i'll have pics up tomorrow

it's gonna take some pretty major work but i'll have the engine done in about 4-5 days (still waiting on parts)
oh thats another thing... what color should i do the engine? i was thinking ceramic coating it chevy orange :)

i'm thinking about a monster energy theme... i got a auto body paint shop in town that will custom mix the exact colors for me and i get paint 1/2 price from them AND they can put it in spray cans lol.
so monster green frame, polished alum swinger, black plastics with monster energy decal.
what yall think?

i'm thinking about a monster energy theme... i got a auto body paint shop in town that will custom mix the exact colors for me and i get paint 1/2 price from them AND they can put it in spray cans lol.
so monster green frame, polished alum swinger, black plastics with monster energy decal.
what yall think?

i think you shouldnt do that because i am couple threads down haha

sorry for double post but i got before pics on the bike

CR250016.jpg

CR250017.jpg

CR250018.jpg

The paint will wear off in like 5 rides. If you try to paint the plastic it will scrape off the first time you wreck. So unless you plan on not riding it you are really wasting money and time painting it. Just buy new plastic.

well if you buy krylon fusion and prep the plastics right it will work fine. a lot of members on here have done it and it has come out perfectly fine

who said my plastics are bad? they look new (except rear fender) i just want something diff... idk i'll prolly end up sanding the frame and painting it white and clear coating it. idk

build got put on hold :/
gotta buy a new frame for the blaster, gotta buy my GF a xmas gift, so my $400 project money is gone :/ oh well shouldn't be to long and it'll be back

your rear looks like mine on my 84 cr125... got that stupid dent behind the seat!! dont need to paint them if you dont have to.. try buffing them with a high speed buffer and a wax free polish like race glaze or something simmaler.. that may get the color to come back