80 Psi Compression, White Smoke Cold Start. Dies when kicked into 1st gear.

Regg1000

May 15, 2020
Hello Guys,

I became a new blaster owner on Tuesday. I got the bike and rode it very briefly. The compression seemed good (judging by the kicker), clutch seemed good, idle sounded "knocky"and low. After that day, the bike sat in my garage for about 3 days without starting.

Today when I went to start it, it would start but as soon as I kick it into first gear the engine immediately dies. I changed the spark plug, and did a compression test which (came up to 80psi), it starts up a lot better now with the new plug. However, its still dying when I kick it into 1st gear.

For the compression test I used a kit, plugged and gave it about 20 kicks, only went up to 80psi.

Please help, thank you

Thank you

Hello Guys,

I became a new blaster owner on Tuesday. I got the bike and rode it very briefly. The compression seemed good (judging by the kicker), clutch seemed good, idle sounded "knocky"and low. After that day, the bike sat in my garage for about 3 days without starting.

Today when I went to start it, it would start but as soon as I kick it into first gear the engine immediately dies. I changed the spark plug, and did a compression test which (came up to 80psi), it starts up a lot better now with the new plug. However, its still dying when I kick it into 1st gear.

For the compression test I used a kit, plugged and gave it about 20 kicks, only went up to 80psi.

Please help, thank you

Thank you
You don't need to make 3 different posts:p
If you only have 80 psi assuming your gauge is accurate? That is very low. Your lucky it starts at all. The white smoke is generally the clutch side crank seal. Or you have some very nasty gas in there. Sounds like you need to look into getting your cylinder bored and new piston, possibly crank seals also. a leakdown test. Will confirm if the seals and anything else is leaking.she sounds tired?

Not possibly on the crank seals !
MANDATORY is the better way to look at it !! Unless you know they’ve been replaced, they’re AT LEAST 14 yrs old.

X-2 on multiple posts!! I already responded to one, now this, I won’t respond to any others, I might not even read them :mad:

Reactions: Slydog