50 watt lights

Yeah, I wouldn't do it, I don't know exactly, but I wouldn't want to take a chance at frying your stator.

If you are planning on running two walmart specials as your lights, I would try and replace the bulbs with lower watage bulbs. If you are running H3 bulbs, I'll tell you now that it is a pain in the ass to find 12V/25W bulbs. But your in luck because I know where you can get some, they are not cheap, but I think they are worth it. You have to go to the dark side to get them dun dun dun... Honda :"> but here is a link http://www.hellrisercustoms.com/displayproduct.php?jump=1&part_no=08V31-MCK-A00A

Well, it depends on what you are looking for, if you want just the bulb, or the bulb with the "h3" housing clip. Here is a pic of what they look like.

k195076064lhi.jpg

I noticed after I posted the link that after you click to buy, it goes to a blank page, so you might just go to their home page Hellriser Customs, Up to 20% discount on Motorcycle Accessories, Roadstar accessories, Road Star accessories, Yamaha RoadStar, VStar accessories, V-Star accessories, Yamaha VStar, vtx accessories,vtx parts,honda vtx, Kuryakyn, Yahama, Honda, Harley D You can find them under Honda/VTX/Lights/scroll down to ("Honda" Chrome Light Bar for VTX) and right under is "Halogen Replacement Bulb - H3 12v/25w" they should be $7.50 a piece hope this helps.

If you are using the walmart light like the ones on my pic, I can get you bulbs for like $6 each. They are 20w each.
15czx8w.jpg

I'm not sure but the stock stator is only wound for like 50 watts , you will want yours wound for 75 watts for low RPM brightness just crack the throttle "BAM" Bright, any higher like 200 watts you will need to keep the quad rev'd up on High RPMs for brightness and on Idle the lights will go a dull yellow, Ricky Stator dose em.
I dont know of any one else taht dose the anymore, the best was PRO LIGHT , by Mike Goodwin
https://www.rickystator.com/catalog...d=138&osCsid=dd33e30b98b3829dd59b51906e98bb8b
Done these for the 4 TRX LT500, have not done the Blaster yet but soon, like to run a 2 35watt bulbs

so with the stock stator, would i be fine running (2) 25 watt bulbs since its rated for 50 watts or is that pushing it ? or should i try looking for (2) 20 watt bulbs and keep under?

I have a single 50watt and have had no problems so the 2 25 watt should be fine. Also look at the dates

Well, it depends on what you are looking for, if you want just the bulb, or the bulb with the "h3" housing clip. Here is a pic of what they look like.

k195076064lhi.jpg

I noticed after I posted the link that after you click to buy, it goes to a blank page, so you might just go to their home page Hellriser Customs, Up to 20% discount on Motorcycle Accessories, Roadstar accessories, Road Star accessories, Yamaha RoadStar, VStar accessories, V-Star accessories, Yamaha VStar, vtx accessories,vtx parts,honda vtx, Kuryakyn, Yahama, Honda, Harley D You can find them under Honda/VTX/Lights/scroll down to ("Honda" Chrome Light Bar for VTX) and right under is "Halogen Replacement Bulb - H3 12v/25w" they should be $7.50 a piece hope this helps.

i was ready to order through that site but they wanted a $8 handling fee PLUS about another $8 for shipping

I ended up calling the local Honda dealer and picked up a pair for about $20. I should get around to it this weekendI:I

Hey Blansheeman, those light are available for $15 at walmart. I bought a set and I just looked at them this weekend again because I see that someone is selling them as a buyit now with shipping for like $35. I could get them for people cheaper. You still will want to get the 20w bulbs.

Reactions: bman120579