4th gear problem's

bubba813

Apr 12, 2011
I have a 1995 yamaha blaster when i drive it the 1st & 2nd gear works fine & the 5th 6th but when i put it into 4th its acts like its glinding & skipping like the gears are striped.so i took it all apart the gears & everything look fine i took a look at the shift star it looks fine & the clutch is new so i no its not that. what else can it be?

well i was Looking at One of the forks & i saw at the end one side their was a groove Like a gear was rubbing it could that cause anything?

possibly, you dont really want any sort of knicks or worn grooves on those shafts, i have no experience with worn shift shafts but id reckon thats a cause!

same thing happedn to my friends banshee in 6th gear. had to buy a whole new tranny, and happend to my friends z400 in 4th to, hasnt fixed it yet

and my blaster wouldnt shift into first gear and would pop out of 2 and 3, i had some wore shims

alright ill jut have to save some money to replace those forks iknow its just that one messed up but i might as well replace all of them