400EX Rear Shock Spring Powder Coated

callmej75

Jul 12, 2009
Roanoke, VA
Just wanna show you guys the 400EX rear shock I sold to Dakotademon. He requested white powder, and I remembered having some, so i checked it and it seems the humidity got the best of it. So I ordered some more and here is the end result....

003-6.jpg

Reactions: blasterdemon7
Thanks dude...for some reason the white doesn't want to wrap as good as the darker colors always do? I setted the KV on the gun on a bunch of different settings and grinded off the ground on my rack and it still didn't change it much....but it got covered pretty well. I'm polishing my springs on my works shocks and doing them in the transparent candy orange...those will look much different than alot of shock springs ya see every day!

SWEET! Thanks so much buddy.I just feel a little bad that you had to go threw all that to do it white.You sold it to me for a good price then had to add all that work to make it white.Your a good guy!You PC for other people?I may have to send you some stuff this winter.

did you try heating the spring up a little first or do you think it wouldnt have helped much, i no when we PC certain things it helps to heat them up first, like my rims it deff cam out better when we heated them up first and then slung the powder

Yeh I do things for other people...Let me know what you're sending and when and I'll hook ya up! Really no big deal...much people can't afford powder coating so i try to offer it as reasonably priced as I can...it it a hobby just like building blasters to the rest of ya! So I guess i got a couple hobbys...just wish some of you guys were closer and i would definitely hook you up for trading!

did you try heating the spring up a little first or do you think it wouldnt have helped much, i no when we PC certain things it helps to heat them up first, like my rims it deff cam out better when we heated them up first and then slung the powder
Yeh man...I heated it up to 350* before i shot the powder to it. I usually preheat before shooting transparents so i can see how thick its going on and get the right shade all over. Preheating helps if you got alot of Faraday Cage going on and the powder just won't stick in that tight bend or crevice. The electric charge just pushes the powder away from it and is reallllly frustrating for the first timers!