4 Stroke Jetting

ajames942

Feb 27, 2009
Shamokin PA
www.myspace.com
Okay a question for the four stroke guys on here. I have a 2008 Raptor 350...I took the baffle out, and I got a uni air filter....the stock main jet i believe is 142.5....would a 155 main be too big? I will also be drilling holes in the airbox.

155 might be ok, jetting depends on mods, elivation and tempature, winter you need to run a bigger main than summer time. try the 155 and see what happens... remember 4 strokes are more forgiving on jetting errors

and programmers for for the fuel injected machines

so what did you end up using, i like the dino jet kits to comes all different sizes along with a good graph on what you should use with what mods.

when we took the baffle outta my brother raptor 350 he didnt rejet but when we put his new lrd pipe and k&n airfilter we did i dont know jetting iv never messed with it but when you figure it out what we did was let the bike idle and turned out all the lights in the garage and after about 3-5 mins we looked to see if the pipe was glowing and then run it down the road and check the plug hope maybe this can help you in some way

just remember a lead bike is always faster but if its to lead it costs alot of money

when we took the baffle outta my brother raptor 350 he didnt rejet but when we put his new lrd pipe and k&n airfilter we did i dont know jetting iv never messed with it but when you figure it out what we did was let the bike idle and turned out all the lights in the garage and after about 3-5 mins we looked to see if the pipe was glowing and then run it down the road and check the plug hope maybe this can help you in some way

just remember a lead bike is always faster but if its to lead it costs alot of money

ehh to see if the pipe is glowing isnt the best of finding the jetting...
my buddy is running a 155 main in his raptor but he has a LRD pipe and thats what LRD asks for...
when you start modding out the air box you may have to bump up your pilot jet..

no no i didnt mean that it will help find your jetting it may help on idle but not for the rest of the jetting