4 mil vs 3 mill

Drk_rider

Oct 5, 2011
kansas
Is a 4 mill worth the extra money and machine work over the 3 mill.
Is there a big noticable gain?
the 3 mill touts "throttle response galore" due to the stuffer blocks so does the 4 mill not have the same response?

most would go with the 3 mill because you dont need the trenching of the cases. i dont think there is much difference because most of the power is in the porting anyways. i dunno how much the stuffers increase throtttle responce but in theory it should...

I would only do a +3 in a trail bike. If your building something for all out power then by all means go for the +4. When the cases get trenched for the +4 it leaves a thin spot between the crank and counter balancer so its not for the faint of wallet...

If you are asking the question, the 3mm is the one for you.
The results would be hard to tell apart from the same good build and you don't want to get into the mess of having to trench the cases. I have a stuffed Vitos right here and it is a nice looking unit. The 3mm seems to be just right to clean up some of the problems with this cylinder design, which will help more than the displacement gain.

4mm not worth the extra work, and if you are looking for torque, stuffed is better.

Well I have a 3 mill but guy here in town wants to buy it. BAD!
So I said WTH and gonna sell it to him. But I got to thinking if it would be worth going up to the 4 mill. I had allot of the same points in mind just wanted some other reinforcement. I will stay with the 3 mill.
Now I just have to find me a new 3 mill crank. Anyone have one?