34PJ carb jetting?

Mar 4, 2010
Clackamas, Oregon
i have a 34pj carb main needle # is R1470n set in the middle. i have tryed the piolet jets 38,40,42,45,55,58 lean to rich and i cant get it to idel with the turn knob adjuster. my main is a 155 witch i know is close and i know that i shouldnt be any lower than a 48 piolet jet. i am just looking to see if mabe i have the wrong needle size in my carb or what the deal mabe? the bike has a vitos 240 kit with a b1 pipe no port work, so any needle and piolet info or some thing i may try before i off the carb. i have cleaned the carb and have tryed the air screw diff times and i am ganna try a 50 tomarrow thanks

34 pj's are a pain in the ass to tune but once tuned run and work great.Mine idles perfect but took some time to get it dialed in.I had a buddies bike that I never got it to idle.Ran great but wouldn't idle.Just keep the throttle wide open when riding and don't stop and you don't need it to idle.lol jk

copy and pasted from the other thread..................

turn that piece of sh*t choke/idle knob the whole way down, hit yourself in the head with a big f 'in hammer so you get amnesia, and forget that silly sh*t
adjust the idle with the cable at the thumb throttle
next get the needle kgibson suggests, "DGH" <ftw , THANX GIBBY!!!!!!!
just put mine in last week, and my ken oconnor ported/f7 piped bike is now almost uncontrollably wicked !!!!!!!!,
gave me back all my bottom end i lost when i first installed the 34
with the ??? klh needle???? < or sumthin like that,
and will pull the front end up, at will, and sometimes unexpectedly, in any gear< if your at that gears speed
oh and i'm running a 45 pilot, <will not start without the choke when cold, but fires first kick everytime after warm up, airscrew somewhere under 2 turns, revs very cleanly with no hesitation at all like the old needle had
and 155 main, < may try 1 or 2 larger since the needle exchange, but plug looks good, and why mess with perfection
compression has been at solid 152 ft.lbs, since doing the heat cycles 2/3 months ago,
i check it weekly