30mm Carb Suggestions

dksix

Apr 16, 2012
North East Tennessee
I'm looking to go up to a 30mm carb and I'd like some recommendations for which carb to use. I'd like to hear from people have used them or tried to get them right, first hand experience preferred.

Get a Keihin PWK. The smallest is the 28 mm and there is no 30mm. Tuned them and used them on everything with awsome results. Easy to tune and tons of folks here use them for lots of help with jetting. I think the 33mm would be a good choice on any blaster.

Hey bro had an oko 30mm took quite a while to figure out jetting and needle, mostly the needle was a bear. Just have to be careful what oko ya get, there are two version I have seen one from carbparts.com(best option) and one from egay that has gotten bad rep for being super cheap on the manufacturing and parts due to it being for a scooter.

I'll try to find my notes on what jetting i ran when i had mine. I talked extensively with John at Carb Parts Warehouse, Carburetor Parts Warehouse he got me close but finding a good needle was the worst part. Something like a jjg or something worked the best.
They use the same parts as a PWK carb.

28mm pwk seemed to be easier for guys to jet however!

Slick, I remember reading a thread of yours or one that you were involved in on a 28mm from a 85cc MX bike. I thought the 30mm would be the best choice for the engine it will go on and my riding. I may try some boring on one of the stock 26mm. I've seen some egg shaped bored carbs that seem to work well with small displacement engines.

what do I need to put a keihin pwk28 or pwk33 on my blaster? and which one is better?
blaster only has pipe and air filter

a 28 would be better suited for just a piped/filtered bike to maintain it's low end grunt.
and can be made to work with the stock intake and airbox boot

what do I need to put a keihin pwk28 or pwk33 on my blaster? and which one is better?
blaster only has pipe and air filter

Sheesh, I know I may sound like a broken record, but the DT200 does indeed make 32hp with the stock carb.
You are not making 32hp with a pipe and air filter.

There has been some experimentation with 33 and 38mm carbs going on in my garage. The results?
Nothing...
In fact worse than nothing.
Harder than the 26 to jet and both produced reduced performance with a FMF piped and warmed over engine.

Gentlemen, it is like buying the "large" sized condoms and hoping your performance will grow into it.
It will in fact just hinder the whole experience.

The 26mm carb will do you fine until you are doing over 10,000 rpm and/or 40hp.
Better to spend somewhere else.

I am not really trying to get more power. The reason is that I am more familiar with keihin carbs since I use them on my shifter karts and the fact that after removing tors and installing idle screw on my stock carb is giving me problems tunning engine. Thats why I am considering a pwk28.

a 28 pwk is a great carb

i have a 30mm oko on mine, and its a good carb, but I would spend the extra on a Keihin if I had it to do over again

If you are having problems tuning a stock carb I would sugguest that there is an underlaying problem.

They are easier to tune than crapping the bed.

Could you have introduced an air leak, or the float may have gone out of adjustment?