+3 vitos stroker crank

1994F150YFS200

Feb 16, 2010
new jersey
hi im thinking about the plus 3 vitos crank..... will i need any modifications? and ill need to rejet to right? and will i notice a big difference?

from what ive heard its a lot better to get it ported for the stroker crank once its installed to fully utilize all of the available power but alone im pretty sure it will make a difference but with porting for it it will be insane im not sure if you need to trench the case but i think its only for +4 strokers other than that it should bolt on but with porting for it it will be insane

if you want a +3 stroker, you have to get the cylinder ported to correct the port timing and make the most of the power.

this has been covered several times, please use the search function

it wont srew it to hell dont be hating what geting the porting matched does is make it have more power u dont have to its just way better to do.

and once again, if you have it ported now with a stock stroke, then go with a +3 stroker, you will need a different jug

you should have the head machined and porting done to correct the port timing. you can just put it in with the supplied spacer plate, but its far from optimal

not to sound like a d!ck but because the piston height of stroke is changing stock ports are going to be a little out and will need to be corrected, thus everyone saying to get it ported. not just for power but to put it back closer to spec. so it will probably cost you more than just porting and a carb which will be easier/cheaper route for more power.

and like stated, if you port it for the stock stroke, you'll need a new jug to port the opposite way to run with the stroker kit or it will run even worse than with a stock stroke bore if I'm understanding this right.

per example stock porting could involve lowering the exhaust port or intake port where the stroker kit will require raising. this is just an example I have no idea which way either needs to go this is just my guess. both could probably use slight widening and height from what I recall is what changes timing :)

you should have the head machined and porting done to correct the port timing. you can just put it in with the supplied spacer plate, but its far from optimal

not so ,it can be done either way with good results . in my experiances your best mid-top power is running a spacer (not a vitos one though) on +3 mill instead of a recessed head plus theres more volume and less heat ,dont forget the aluminum head and the cast iron liner have different thermal expansion rates .now on a banshee stroker the recessed head is better though because your trying to keep the pressure high on a parallel twin,as far as porting and durations ..yes it will be a mile off if it is not adjusted for the stroker crank

Reactions: blasterfreek30
not so ,it can be done either way with good results . in my experiances your best mid-top power is running a spacer (not a vitos one though) on +3 mill instead of a recessed head plus theres more volume and less heat ,dont forget the aluminum head and the cast iron liner have different thermal expansion rates .now on a banshee stroker the recessed head is better though because your trying to keep the pressure high on a parallel twin,as far as porting and durations ..yes it will be a mile off if it is not adjusted for the stroker crank
What's the best spacer plate to run ?