3 mil crank/port work

R&S Polishing

Jul 5, 2008
Oregon
Ok here it is
i have an extra motor (complete) with a bad crank i am going to rebuild it, i did the port work myself following ken Oconners diy videos. my next quandry is go stock stroke or 3 mil ? and with that is the 3 mil stroker going to mess with the 1mm port work that i opened up the jug? and will the 3 mil give the motor that much more power as a percentage 20%,30% or ??. is it really worth the extra money as a gain in power. never done a 3 mil before i have always went stock just because it has been simple to order the weisco bottom end kit. any REAL KNOWAGE would be verry much appriciated I:I

without having the ports match to the extra travel of the stroker crank its not gonna give you that much power at all... you might be better off to save your 169 dollars on a +3 crank and get that thing ported by a tech...

no it's not about the money necessarly it is that i really like to do things myself when ever possable it's a pride trype of thing, i grew up in my grandfauthers machine shop building motors (V8) and i feel that with my degree in engineering i can and should do everything myself. my weakness is TUNING!! but have the ability to work through that too i just dont like tuning! (kind of an art)

Reactions: byrd
id PM oconner raicing and ask him for details on it while following his DIY port video. if anyone would be willing to give you that information it would be him