3 Day frame swap

89custom

May 27, 2008
GTA, Ontario
First of all, what's up folks, long time no see!

So Thursday last week I decided i wanted to rip this weekend so I bought my buddies frame. I dip out early from work, at 5pm go to my buddys house to help rip off all his components off his frame that's in great shape, mine has broken engine mounts, stripped threads everywhere and it's bent slightly. So we tear everything off, bring it to my house and from 6pm-2:30am we prep for paint, prime/paint/clear, as well as multitasking and taking everything off my frame.

So sleep at 3am, up at 6:30am, s.s.s. ect, go out and add another coat of orange, strip rest of stuff off frame then go to work.

Come home from work Friday at 5pm, get back to work, work till 1am, sleep, get up at 8:30am, beauty breakfast, back to quad assembly stages...

My buddies polishing station. Helped me out and did all the polishing. He loves that sh*t, I hate it lol.

His 01 kx125, prepping for this weekends ripping activitiesssss while we also work on mine.

Then...BAM, all done at 3:30pm

Took her for a rip at my buddies farm. It's a beaut. Not one issue. She started 3rd kick in my driveway, first attempt after completion. So all in all, solid clutch 3 day mission. My buddy Dan helped this speedy job the whole time, couldn't have done this job that fast without that help!

sup 89, good to see you back around.
damn nice marathon session on the swap !

looks awesome...... what orange paint did you use??

and that seat cover???? is it cloth?? cause idk how you keep it clean if it is??

firt off sweet job, like the color I:I second off two questions, how many red bulls did it take to get to the completion of that tootsie pop, and what pipe is that?

Glad to see everyone's still active. My blaster's just been neglected in terms of riding hours but this summer she's going to get used. It's almost 100%, just need to adjust the jetting and she's good to go for the summer. Love having no problems!

sup 89, good to see you back around.
damn nice marathon session on the swap !

Awk good to see you're still around helpin. By the way, your rear brake setup, is that a kit you sell or is that just for you? Not too sure of the facts, just saw a couple things over the forums about it.

first off sweet job, like the color I:I second off two questions, how many red bulls did it take to get to the completion of that tootsie pop, and what pipe is that?
No redbulls, just beers. It's a Dyno Port, I love er !

looks awesome...... what orange paint did you use??

and that seat cover???? is it cloth?? cause idk how you keep it clean if it is??

Some high strength rattle can. It was a quick build to get out and ride this weekend. I'm thinking of getting it all powder coated over the winter.

Lmao, everyone always says the same thing about the seat cover. Yes if it get's muddy it's a bit of pressure washing to clean up and yes water soaks into it lol. I usually ride dry conditions anyway. It works out for me but I'm thinking about putting a plastic layer in between the foam and the cover.