2stroke 250r or banshee?

they have a bunch of those around here. I love my 250r when it was running I never got to really drive it, but it had powerband like a motherfucker.

Cool!
TRX5hundy huh? You like to shake rattle and roll lol
i've been talking to a few people.. and that gets blown WAY out of proprotion thanks to the internet. shouldn't shake any more than your un counterbalanced yz400 setup... and serisouly look at a counter balancer? that little bit of counterweight the balancer adds only lessens the vibrations a little bit..

I'd like a Honda 250R all stretched out and wide as hell honestly the thing wouldnt even idle fully built motor a complete dune rat strictly for carving dunes and tearin up the sand, I'd also love a Yamaha Banshee with a mildly built motor and some Suspension mods to ride the trails, dirt roads farms ect ect.

i've been talking to a few people.. and that gets blown WAY out of proprotion thanks to the internet. shouldn't shake any more than your un counterbalanced yz400 setup... and serisouly look at a counter balancer? that little bit of counterweight the balancer adds only lessens the vibrations a little bit..

IDK bro
Mines doesn't loosen up loctite or break any welds.
I did have it balanced though.
I know you remember that hella long thread on E2S about the 500 in a 250r frame. Nobody has figured out how to stop it from shaking itself apart.
A while ago I was talking to a guy from Germany back and forth through emails. He wanted to sell me a 750cc single- 90hp stock.
UNCOUNTERBALENCED!
Can you imagine what that would be like in a quad lol

IDK bro
I know you remember that hella long thread on E2S about the 500 in a 250r frame. Nobody has figured out how to stop it from shaking itself apart.
A while ago I was talking to a guy from Germany back and forth through emails. He wanted to sell me a 750cc single- 90hp stock.
UNCOUNTERBALENCED!

well..........the wifey would sure as hell like that lol

Ah the age old question.....

With the choices you listed a 250r would be the best option for you, but as said above both can be made into what you want.... a 250r is just a better platform for what you are looking for.
Just my .02

IDK bro
UNCOUNTERBALENCED!
if i ever get around to finishing it i'll let ya know.. this frame is a complete rubber mounted setup.. even the headstay.. i've talked with a few guys that did the kx5 in a tecate conversions and a guy that has a cr500 in an lt250R setup and they say it doesn't vibrate bad at all... i think alot of the stories abouit teh crac engine mounts and things of thta nature are a fabrication problem more than a vibration issue.. but liek i said if the time cmes tha i ever really do anythign with that honda hybrid i'll def. let peopel know how it worked out

I'd like a Honda 250R all stretched out and wide as hell honestly the thing wouldnt even idle fully built motor a complete dune rat strictly for carving dunes and tearin up the sand, I'd also love a Yamaha Banshee with a mildly built motor and some Suspension mods to ride the trails, dirt roads farms ect ect.
i don't understand your concept here.. to me your doing it all backwards.. if you want a bad ass dune machine then build teh banshee and stretch it.. then for the trail machine build a 250R.. a std width or +1 long travel setup and a 310 pro-x setup in a trx250R frame woudl be a SWEET trail machine.. and hell would make a stellar dune machine as well..

I hope to build a nice trail Shee coming up here real soon.
I'm doin it backwards too although my blaster is not all that fast to use for drags lol

id go wit a shee. the shee will wax any 250r in a drag trails there preety evn. but tracks the lt250 and trx250r have it. but the tecate 4 is bad on da track. i gotta 1986 lt250r and a 04' z400 bored 2 a 440 and id trade either for a shee

id go wit a shee. the shee will wax any 250r in a drag trails there preety evn. but tracks the lt250 and trx250r have it. but the tecate 4 is bad on da track. i gotta 1986 lt250r and a 04' z400 bored 2 a 440 and id trade either for a shee
a shee wont wax any 250r in a drag 1st of all....traction is your best friend, and when you dont have any, or you have a 250r with so much low end, and plenty of traction...plan on lookin at that 250r's rear fenders......

as for an LT250r, well sorry to say, you own the slow one, not that any of them are lightning fast, but yours is the least upgradeable, non powervalved, etc. and a trx compared to a LT250....night and day....LT250r doesnt hold a candle to a trx....

on an mx track, a banshee is sh*t. trx's own mx. oval racing, all are good: tecate, shee, trx...lt-maybe

trails, all are good too. depends on setup, its all in how you set it up......

yea bro.. i had an 87 trx 250r.. though i love the blaster i have now..

my old 250r was hands down the best bike ive ever owned... i wish now that i hadnt sold it. but again.. blasters are different and not like others.. i miss how long the r is. but it can all be done to the blasty. the r will smoke a shee when build right. yea your 100cc's down but your lighter and that quad handles well far better then any shee ive ever ridden. another note. if you cant find a good 250r. or you ran out of mods for your blaster... look to the 86-89 lt250 from suzuki.. my bro still has his and its just as bad as my old r was.

i just found this to give you an idea on how close they are speed wise. they race several times.... now if they went into the woods lol.. banshee has 0 chance.

Last edited by a moderator: