250r Suzuki or honda?

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
In your guys opinion's. what would be or is a better bike. a honda 250r or a suzuki 250r.. i would like to hear the goods and bads on both of them. please if you have had either one or both i would like to hear from ya.. the good's the bad's and just about everything else you would like to add on this subject.. thanks guys,, any input will be much apreciated.I:II:I

DONT EVER EVR EVER EVER EVER EVER GET A SUZUKI
i do not like the suspension on the suzuki it is ver very very stiff and the power wasn't all that great as my blster could take it but i have nerve been aaround or rode a honda but after seeing videos and everything it makes me want one but i am content right now and do not need one

hands down, the honda in every category !

Ive had 4 LT250's 85,87,89,91 and now own a zilla. I like them better. If you decide on an LT try and find a newer one, like a 88-89 or 91-92. They did some upgrades for those years and they are alot nicer. Stay away from the 85-86 in my opinion. The swingers are prone to cracking around the carriers and the motor was a totally different style that didnt make as much power. 87,s had the bigger intake for more power but with one less head stud. I had lots of head gasket issues with my 87. I loved my 89, never gave me any troubles and it ripped! The 91 was great also, pretty much same motor as the 89 but better suspension. Ive rode a few hondas but Im partial to the LT's. I like the way they ride better. Best thing to do would be to find someone that has both and take each one for a ride. Good luck.

I've owned an '86 lt, '90 lt and an '89 r. Motor wise the '90 suzuki is pretty compatable with an '89 honda. Either one can win in a drag. Suspension wise, I'd have to give it to the honda. The suspension is a little better imo. Add a set of shocks to both of them and the out come maybe different, I don't know. As far as handling goes, I'd have to say the honda again is better. Just the way the honda sits feels better. The suzuki sits a little higher and it feels a little more top heavy compared to the honda. The real advantage is the aftermarket availability of parts and that clearly goes to the honda. Used aftermarket frames can be purchased for $1000, a new big bore 330 cylinder can be had for $600. If the suzuki had the aftermarket following that the honda has it would probably be a tough choice between the two but since it doesn't, I'd go honda all the way