250r shock length

jbshocks

Nov 9, 2009
I have read about using some of the other shocks on the blaster. I don't want to use the 400 shock becasue I don't want to cut the air box. I read that the 250r shock works but so far all I have checked seem to long. what length 250r shocks are guys using? Does anyone know the years that work becasue it seems to me like pre 86 and port 86 are both to long. Is there enough travle that I could install an internal spacer to get the length correct?

a stock 250r shock made mine rack forward quite a bit, but the swingarm is also extended behind the mount

I have put spacers in them before. changing the lower shockmount like in the DIY I did awhile ago is also an option. the 86 is longer, the 3 wheelers are also longer and have a short rez. hose. Ideally you want an 87-88-89

my 250r shock raised the rear of my bike a little, supposedly its an 86 trx250r shock that i got off of fleabay

You don't have to cut the air box with the 400ex shock, you just take the snorkel off and bend the inlet a little. Or you can just take the air box lid off and jet up one size for better airflow, and you won't have to bend anything