250R 3 wheeler

blasterbuddy200

Dec 25, 2010
St. Michael, Minnesota
anyone had any trouble with the 250r 3 wheelers? my uncle has one sittin in his shed that his wife wants him to sell, it currently doesnt run and we dont know the problem.. are they easy to maintain motorwise?????

Depends on the year. Up until 1985, they were air cooled 2 strokes (very similar to a blaster engine)

the '85 and '86 were liquid cooled beasts (more desirable too BTW) which in proper trim can put out 40+hp trail ridable (as long as you don't mind that single front tire) and WAYYYY more if longevity isn't an issue...

No matter what, if the price is right, you should consider getting it as they're getting rarer (just PROMISE not to hack it up and if there's something you cannot afford, don't half-ass it, just save longer for it) and the price on them is fairly steady (good investment wise)

yea i like to keep my stuff as good as it can get, and yes i would love a 250r, not very excited about the 3 wheels but it should be fun to try and get it running if i do get it, hes not sure if he wants to sell it or not but ill keep an update, and ill see him this week and report with a year on it, its mint, just flat tires and non running motor at the moment

Three wheels are fine as long as you remember you've only got three wheels.

It's more stable than the consumer product safety commission would lead you to believe...

90% of three wheelers you run across now a days are hondas... honda had like 60% of the marketshare anyway back then and as the story goes, you can't kill a honda.

l_36fa3f554ed5414fa6a325df112661ea.jpg

HAHA!

Oh, that's a '08 420 rancher on 30 inch outlaws. The tires are so large he can't run footboxes...

I had an 83 250R several years ago. It was pretty much bullet proof until I melted the piston doing a top speed run. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the piston tomorrow and post it up. I'll pick up another one when I stumble on a good deal.

Well I don't even have a honda quad but I don't think there's anyone who owns anything who can deny that's pretty awesome. Even someone who has a can-am outlander on huge tires would love to see that rancher run through a mudhole....

i have owned a 81 82 and 84 atc 250r

81 stock except for a answer silencer, ran good but needed tuning

84 stock.. ripped!!

82... animal!!

300bb 84 jug boysen reeds, old school 80s us performance pipe, with aold bills? silencer, it said fmf on the sticker but looked like abills.. uni filter, 34? mm carb ofset rims.. motor may have been ported but i had no proof and never had it open..

straight line it would run with new 450s and 660s, would out run a dg piped dg gold head'd 84 250r would outrun blasters and stock banshees.... nuff said