240kit +4mm question

Unstock240

Oct 7, 2008
mid Ohio
This summer I plan to get a ported 240 and a +4mm crank setup. I have read around and some people say Big bores shorten the lifespan of an engine. Will this in fact shorten the lifespan and reduce reliability or is this just when you go way over bore?

Well I keep on top of jetting and always 32:1 so I should be good then. Its only 40cc over.. unlike some kits that are 150cc+ over just wondering.

yes it is true, the more you tweak, an engine the less reliable it becomes, but as long as it is taken care of you should get your use out of it.

Define "shorten life span"?, my blaster's cylinder is 72.5mm and it has some where around 200hrs of hard hammer down sand riding on it! and it's just as good as ever!

just change the the rings every 4 months and piston every 6 months and you should be good

sounds like a big waste of time to me because when you change your piston you have to change your rings too...
it would make more sense if you said change rings every three months.

BUT for you to have to change your parts that often that motor much be seeing some serious miss use. OR... its a drag motor.

use good parts install it correctly jet it correctly maintain it correctly and youll be just fine ..use quality products dont mickey mouse it