240 big bore kit

cmburn

Jun 17, 2014
Syracuse, KS
Hi sorry I know this has been beat to death but I haven't seen any newer posts about the vito's 240 kit with ss pistons does it really put out the 30+ hp just bolting on the cylinder and head? I don't have a lot of $ to spend but I'm about to need a new top end and this looks like a good deal. Any and all help is appreciated.

Hi sorry I know this has been beat to death but I haven't seen any newer posts about the vito's 240 kit with ss pistons does it really put out the 30+ hp just bolting on the cylinder and head? I don't have a lot of $ to spend but I'm about to need a new top end and this looks like a good deal. Any and all help is appreciated.

save your $ unless your stock cylinder is on it's last bore ?
if you're not on your last bore, send that cylinder out to have it ported and bored to the next size.
http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/
a ported stock cylinder will smoke an unported vito's 240

Yea it is the last bore what would you suggest maybe just port and sleeve it

yep, for way less than a 240 cylinder.
then you'll have your original 8 over bores restored again.
the 240's only allow 3 over bores.

Nothing against the Vitos 240 bbk (I have one) but a ported stock jug and head mod will out run a un ported vitos 240. Now a ported 240 is even better. You will need corresponding parts to get the most out of it, First off an aftermarket pipe and a little bigger carb for the 240 although a stock carb may do well. $ wise you would be better with porting and a head mod Imo. You will want an aftermarket pipe with either of them options though.

Ok thanks I will probably go with a sleeve and port job. I just need to keep it reliable I ride in the trails a lot at the dunes just want the best setup for the $

Just an idea, I use cylinders on their last bore for my experiments.
In fact the epoxy filled cylinder, and the piston drilling experiments were done on worn out cylinders with no more overbore. If we make a mistake, or it gets slower, no problem, no loss. One step at a time.

252249_10151325140485803_804954678_n.jpg

418077_10151390023955803_2055729585_n.jpg

It is not a worn out cylinder, it is a learning opportunity.

Steve