2006 blaster will not go full throttle; bogs around half throttle

i took off airbox cover and its runs 90% better

that is not a substitute for tuning the carb correctly, just pointing you in the direction that your running rich,

you definately have float troubles, either.....bad float needle/seat, out of adjustment, sticking, or cracked float

check the neoprene tip of the float needle for rips/tears, clean the float valve seat as suggested above, check the carb body "posts" where the float needle goes thru, i had a carb that had grooves worn on the insides of the posts, allowing the float tang to hang up, filed them flat and all was good, take the floats off and submerge them in fuel, if you see bubbles, the float is cracked and will need replaced
to adjust the floats, it should measure 20-21.5mm from where the gasket would sit, like this..........

4785-float-height.jpg

that is not a substitute for tuning the carb correctly, just pointing you in the direction that your running rich,

you definately have float troubles, either.....bad float needle/seat, out of adjustment, sticking, or cracked float

check the neoprene tip of the float needle for rips/tears, clean the float valve seat as suggested above, check the carb body "posts" where the float needle goes thru, i had a carb that had grooves worn on the insides of the posts, allowing the float tang to hang up, filed them flat and all was good, take the floats off and submerge them in fuel, if you see bubbles, the float is cracked and will need replaced
to adjust the floats, it should measure 20-21.5mm from where the gasket would sit, like this..........

4785-float-height.jpg

thank you for your input i have got it so close to running perfect, the only problem is i have to find that happy spot for the float its either to low or to high. it will pour out of the overfill tube so i adjusted and now its not getting enough gas it will just run out, then after about 30 seconds i can start it back up and ride for a few minutes then it runs out again. I am gonna take the carb apart again and adjust back a little bit and cross my fingers.

If the float is set as Awk described and the fuel still refuses to behave itself, the problem is either a worn needle and seat assembly, dirt in the system or something sticking somewhere.

If the float is set as Awk described and the fuel still refuses to behave itself, the problem is either a worn needle and seat assembly, dirt in the system or something sticking somewhere.

I have got it fixed running great. I think the main problem was it was running to rich once i took the cover off the airbox and got the floats right it started running right, well i guess its right i dont know how it should run for sure i have never had a 200 2stroke really never had a 2 stroke. I got a honda xr200 dirt bike that i brought back to life last year, they both have about the same power top out at about 60mph. Thank you all for your help.

Taking the airbox cover off will lean out the mix!

You may like to do a plug chop to tell you where your jetting is.

A few $ worth of plugs and a little time could save you many $$$$$$$ if the jetting is not right.

dude .. take ur carb off .. take it all appart .. pay attention to where everything goes .. take ur time do it slow there cake .. u prolly have a lil grain of sand in the float jet that stops fuel or gunk built up .. and taking his lid off was to give him an idea of his problem so we can help him .. taking it off and running better means rich .. too much fuel for some reason .. if u have no modds and the bike ran fine before then dont play with ur jetting .. somethings gunked up or not right .. take it apart and clean the piss out of it .. dont just spray .. i mean clean it good use something to get in the jets and all those areas. let help him fix the problem not compensate to run better with the problem .. dont be lazy bro hahah just take it apart the carb i mean .. clean it good . good and let us know

You may like to do a plug chop to tell you where your jetting is.

A few $ worth of plugs and a little time could save you many $$$$$$$ if the jetting is not right.

If you recon that everything is clean, the fuel is behaving its self, and you have no air leaks in the motor, ^^^^^^^^^^^ do as above.

Hey, mine is having the same, does anyone know what i should do, i have cleaned carb, compression is good what should i do?