2004 Carb jetting help

Got the real deal jets (Mikuni). Gonna start with a 320 and plug chop it. If that's not enough, I guess I'll start replacing everything that rubber :)

If the rubber has a leak then you should replace it with a CFM airbox. At least you will get an upgrade out of the deal.

Put in a genuine Mikuni 320 jet and the bike runs like crap, especially on the top end. Did a plug chop, and the plug showed lean. Not sure where to go from here.

BTW, when I say it runs like crap, I mean choppy at WOT. Never did get the motor to pull hard because of this.

When going through the gears, do you hold WOT even when shifting between gears or just hold WOT no matter what until the end of the plug chop?

If the rubber has a leak then you should replace it with a CFM airbox. At least you will get an upgrade out of the deal.

I like that idea bro, I might lie to my girlfriend and tell her my air box broke and upgrade to a cfm ! Luckily she doesnt know anything about four wheelers or motors so she won't know that air boxes don't really break haha !

I like that idea bro, I might lie to my girlfriend and tell her my air box broke and upgrade to a cfm ! Luckily she doesnt know anything about four wheelers or motors so she won't know that air boxes don't really break haha !

Hell yeah. I like mine. We will be running a 250r airbox on one of our bikes. I am curious to see how they compare.

Do you think it's running boggy on the top end because the jetting it too rich?

It all depends as what you define as boggy, bogging usually means starving for fuel due to an air leak or insufficient fuel.

If it not performing well because it is too rich it will sound like a 4 stroke and seem to babble.

The way to find out if it is a bog or a babble is to pull the choke whilst riding.

If it improves performance then you are too lean, if it gets worse then you are too rich.

I finally took the carb off and added a Mikuni 330 jet. Put it back in and tightened everything back up. I did a plug chop and its perfect! Nice solid tannish brown all the way around. She runs great!

It all depends as what you define as boggy, bogging usually means starving for fuel due to an air leak or insufficient fuel.

If it not performing well because it is too rich it will sound like a 4 stroke and seem to babble.

The way to find out if it is a bog or a babble is to pull the choke whilst riding.

If it improves performance then you are too lean, if it gets worse then you are too rich.

I figured out that bog was because of a leak.