2001 RM 125 waterlogged !HELP!

jrblaster15

Jul 30, 2009
Rhode island
Over the weekend i was riding my rm 125 with a friend i decidied to go through a streem. when i started to go it it wasnt bad and then dropped down to around 3 feet of water the whole bike was in water for around 2-3 minutes. i never got it started again. what should i do to the bike that would make it run. i took it apart the carb was full of water and the header pipe was full of water is there anything else i should do? let me know. Thanks

I think a simple you're screwed would suffice, but seriously you pretty much have to take the entire thing apart, with as much water that probably poured in its probably already rusted to hell and back you may be lucky though

personally id drain the oil out and flush the cases pop out the spark plug and kick it dry put some fresh oil and a plug and go for it

drain gas tank, drain trans oil... take plug out, pur 2 stroke oil into the spark plug hole, and work the kicker over slow by hand to lube the cyl wall.

new trans fluid, fresh premix, new plug, and startit.. if it wil lstart let it run on a stand for a while. and run it threw the gears slowly to relub the trans, , after 10 min or so shut it off, and change the trans oil again