2001 blaster 600$ later please help

jbblaster7

Jul 29, 2013
2001 blaster only mod is just had it bored sleved and new piston and rings. Starts runs isles perfect bit won't rev. I have replaced every electrical component. Stator with adjustable Timing, new Yamaha fly wheel new cdi new silver module under hood in top right position, removed tors system new coil it starts runs but won't rev cleaned carb three times took all jets out and cleaned 230 main and 32.5 spark plug after running is alaways black, could be week spark maybe or is the timing way off, also when I throttle it it doesn't die just doesn't rev sounds. Like it tries to but don't please help I have spent endless time reading forums and tring diferent stuff, maybe coil is wrong and I got week spark how do u wire a new coil properly also compression after 5 kicks hits 150 if any wants to ask questions u can call me I'm desperate 614 843 3384 Justin thanks

has it been leakdown tested ?
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/build-use-leakdown-tester-10663/
i have them if you'd rather buy ?

whats your float level set at ? :
http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/float-heights-how-adjust-them-50565/

adjusted airscrew properly ? :
http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet-51060/

reeds good ?
pipe not clogged ? (pull pipe from cylinder to see if it revs ? just a quicky, do not run it long like that)
airfilter and tube clean and not clogged ?
forget a rag in there somewhere ?

grounds good and clean to bare metal, especially the black wire at the coil.
what's that adjustable timing plate set at ?
i've heard some horror stories about them !
throw your stock stator back in
woodruff key in flywheel in properly ?

check those and report back

piston in the correct direction with arrow facing forward ?

Woodruff key in properly yes took exhaust off no blocked toll flash light looked through air box is clean while motor is running sprayed for leaks none found also I have a green wire coming out of my stator going to my coil is this correct

Piston I don't remember this has been like this for a month I'm sure it is and I dont have a parking brake wish it was that simple lol

I'm really wondering if my coil is wired wrong, and why my plug gets so black checked reeds there fine I have not done a leak down test just a compression test

Woodruff key in properly yes took exhaust off no blocked toll flash light looked through air box is clean while motor is running sprayed for leaks none found also I have a green wire coming out of my stator going to my coil is this correct

nope, orange wire from cdi to coil
green wire sounds like thats an 03+ stator ?
is it 4 or 5 wire ?
if 5, ground that green wire to the frame.

88-02 wiring
electricaldiagram3001.jpg

03+ wiring, ground the green wire if using this stator on an 88-02
electricaldiagram001.jpg

2001 blaster only mod is just had it bored sleved and new piston and rings. Starts runs isles perfect bit won't rev. I have replaced every electrical component. Stator with adjustable Timing, new Yamaha fly wheel new cdi new silver module under hood in top right position, removed tors system new coil it starts runs but won't rev cleaned carb three times took all jets out and cleaned 230 main and 32.5 spark plug after running is alaways black, could be week spark maybe or is the timing way off, also when I throttle it it doesn't die just doesn't rev sounds. Like it tries to but don't please help I have spent endless time reading forums and tring diferent stuff, maybe coil is wrong and I got week spark how do u wire a new coil properly also compression after 5 kicks hits 150 if any wants to ask questions u can call me I'm desperate 614 843 3384 Justin thanks

have you checked the clip on the carb needle and made sure it dissnt fall in?

and the woulddruff key in the flywheel?

or have you checked the switch that is in the thumb throttle?

Also I need a ground from coil to frame right what's with the xyra green wire if it's connected to one of the bolts on the stator could it cause this issue

U need to actually measure the float. it should be 20-21.5 mm from gasket mating surface,not on top of gasket, to top of float when you hold carb upside down. Just let the float rest lightly dont push it down.also cbeck you mix screw just for the hell with it, put it 1 1/2 turns out.