2000 yz250 motor done pics

2stroke4life

Jan 9, 2008
northern va
IMG_1319.jpg
IMG_1320.jpg
IMG_1322.jpg
IMG_1323.jpg
i need some points for this one and nothing needs to be said about the performance.

Reactions: DUALSTROKE
no ive only made about 2 pases up and down the street so far and i need to change the gearing and rejet the carb with the new strap on k&n and then il let all hell loose on camera:)

You say nothing need be said about performance but i want to know! LOL! Great job looks good. When you get the bugs worked out let us know how much better than the blaster motor it is and how is the vibration issue?

uh yea i had to cut the swing on one side, it does vibrate alot but i only really noticed it significantly when at a idle. the gearing im running now is 15/40 and for now ima try just a 13/40 and see what that does. the oil seals blew out the water pump and the motor makes a weird cluck i want to scope out to and yea il do vids and more pics soon jus gota make a parts orderB)

Great job man, I see you used a mojave radiator.

Do you have any pics of it with the engine out so I can see the mounts? Thanks.

i cut the swingarm on one side then put 2 tabs underneith the motor and 2 tabs in the similar place of the blaster in the fron then i used 1 inch tubing for the head to bolt on. il do pics ina lil

I:I Nice work! I:I Your probably going to end up with a 12 tooth on front. Pipe was fun, eah. More pix!

omg the pipe was hell, i think that was the hardest part of the project was making that fit, first i didnt want to cut my pro circuit but then i thought itd be better with it, the pipe is two pieces that come apart, one piece is a prol bout 5 inch straight pipe with the collor attached to the jug with springs then that clamps on the rest of the expansion chamber.

Got any real, real long straight places to test? Should be a thrill to see if you could get that YZ wound out in 5th with 14/40's. :)

Looks good man.Looks like it belongs in there.I would also love to see some close up pics and maybe some of the cradle before you dropped the motor in it.Nice job man.Rep given!!