2000 polaris trailblazer250

TeamCarr

Jul 16, 2009
Cocoa,Fl
a guy in my area is selling this bike for $500. i havent talked to him personally yet but he said he just had it bored and he put and new wiseco piston in in and hes not getting any compression. what could be the cause of this because i was thinking of buying it since it was so cheap. any input is good input.

bore is not right size for piston.. bad rings.. is totally lying to you and has blown the top end.. or its because his compression tester was made by polaris and like all polaris made things it broke and may have killed somebody

they are ok machines but from all the ones iv fixed it seems like a never ending cycle of fixing them. and the polaris dealer in town always has the garage filled with them.. maybe its the owners because hey who knew that motors needed oil after 5 years of riding?? probally owners

we have had one for about 10 years now the only thing we have dun with it is put gas and oil in it and beat the crap out of it hahahah

they are ok machines but from all the ones iv fixed it seems like a never ending cycle of fixing them. and the polaris dealer in town always has the garage filled with them.. maybe its the owners because hey who knew that motors needed oil after 5 years of riding?? probally owners

seems there 4 strokes wernt as good as there older 2 strokes

seems there 4 strokes wernt as good as there older 2 strokes

well this one is a 2 stroke. can you lose compression anywhere else other than the piston and rings? i mean even if i have to buy a hole piston kit and bore it i will since the bike is only $500

well this one is a 2 stroke. can you lose compression anywhere else other than the piston and rings? i mean even if i have to buy a hole piston kit and bore it i will since the bike is only $500

chances are he had it bored and didntnget the right size piston.... 500 is a deal even not running.. there is a decent after market for them... top end kit is like 115 bucks off ebay... figure with gaskets.. youd still have under 700 in it... thhem trail blazers sell all day here for 1000-1800

Reactions: TeamCarr
We have a trail boss 325 and a trail blazer 250, both older bikes. We kick the sh*t out of them and they beg for more. It's just up to the owner to give it some love. For $500?...buy it doood. They aren't bad bikes.

do it, i had an old 88 trail boss that my parents bought new and all it ever did was break a tie rod. the top end was great and everything, the only flaw besides weight was that polaris didnt put a keyed output shaft on it so always watch the chain!

I'd do it. We had one on the farm for probably 10 years of hard riding and sold it. Only did plugs belts etc. Nothing major.

Man 500$ ! Anew top end for that things shouldn't be too much right? Is it available? Hell you dont get it Pass that deal on to a brotha ! I got a Friend who lives in Florida comes to visit twice a month lmao

Do it thats a great deal. I love my trail boss which is the same as the trail blazer but instead of 2 stroke mine a 4 stroke. Thats the only difference between the two.