2000 Blaster won't idle

Benny

May 10, 2008
Hi, my name is Ben I bought a 2001 Yamaha Blaster a month ago for $800. It will start on the first or second kick everytime I have tried to start it. The problem is it won't idle at all. I cleaned the carb, and still does same thing. Please help I'm new too two strokes, however I have automotive, and wrenching experience. Thanks, Ben By the way I have removed my TORS

pulled the plug, and its wet I think the kid who owned it before me might have put too big of jets in? where would you get a different size, and how do you know what size you have?

nope not yet.... I assumed the compression was fine for the simple fact that it will run, and ride fine just won't stay running.

Have you tried adjusting you idle? It's a little knob under the seat/gas tank...

Good Luck...

Also, you local yamaha shop will be able to get you a jet...just tell them what has been done to the bike...like if it still has the air box, or if any engine work has been done to it. Also, the elevation of where you will be riding...wont hurt to get a couple of different sizes just incase...they're relatively inexpensive.

Thanks for everybodys help! I got it figured out! The airbox where it connects to the carb had a little air leak... so I got that all tightened up, and its idiling now. Definately feel like a nOOb I:I. Now I plan to replace the plug, and make some adjustments then ride it pull the plug, and see what I got.... Ben