2000 blaster 240

bagds10

Mar 30, 2010
az
i might get a 2000 blaster with 240 kit vforce reeds and pipe/silencer. the guy wants 1200 and it dont run cause it needs the carb cleaned. what are things i need to look out for before i buy it? i got a spare carb, should i clean it and take it with me to swap it and see if thats the problem?

first of all take a look at the exhaust if it aint aftermarket then the 240 kit on their is gonna suck. the bike i bought had a 240 kit and a dg exhaust and had all kinds of problems. maybe check for compression you can rent the tool at autozone if you dont have one

well i dont care about the pipe cause i got fmf fatty pipe power core 2 silencer reed spacer vforce reeds and fly bars all laying around that will go on it if i get it

blaster.jpg

you want to get a different pipe other than a FMF for a 240.
Check compression ! since you can't hear it run i would offer less.

make sure that it is a 240.

Questions to ask dude -
what kit is it?
who did the work?
any receipts?
what is the main jet size?

if he said the carb needs to be cleaned, just stay away. People always write off a lot of problems to a dirty carb. Ive seen it happen plenty of times, they say its the carb but it ends up needing a full topend rebuild or even worse in some cases

if he said the carb needs to be cleaned, just stay away. People always write off a lot of problems to a dirty carb. Ive seen it happen plenty of times, they say its the carb but it ends up needing a full topend rebuild or even worse in some cases

Ditto what he said!

yeah i might go tomorrow. i asked him who did the 240 kit and if it runs but he hasnt gotten back to me yet so if he gets back to me ill go look at it and post pictures of. if i get it. what compression should it be at??

take a compression tester most important.i would take ur spare carb but i would put a bigger pilot jet in it just to see if it starts.yea vitos jug is silver but he could have painted it black.find out what kind of 240 it is.chances are if he dont know then it dont have a 240 kit.ask him if its a big bore

either that quad or i know a guy that just rebuilt his whole motor with wiseco piston bore .040 over +3 crank... dont know what else but he never started it and he wants 300.

well the guy said its a big bore done by a shop near him, and it has a 40mm carb. isnt 40mm huge?